Job description HITACHI RAIL
is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Commissioning Manager who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Philadelphia, PA Who We Are
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signalling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions. Mission:
The commissioning and hand over of a complex project (large project size, complex technological systems or involving international companies) in accordance with the Contract Requirements, to the PM (client) for commercial operationAccountabilities:
Required Skills/ Knowledge:
- Develop project subsystem and system-wide commissioning plans for wayside, cab, and central office
- Ensure project installation and commissioning activities are performed according to contract schedule and budget
- Develop cutover and migration plans for system integration purposes
- Develop and/or review test procedures for wayside, cab, and central office
- Schedule resources and determine workload forecasts for commissioning activities
- Work directly with customers and subcontractors to successfully execute the commissioning phase of projects and effectively turn the system over to the customer
- Provide-valued added input and assist the director in the development of models and systems that maximizes resource efficiency
- Capability to perform and/or supervise verification testing for all tie-in locations for equipment requirements, tag changes, and circuit wiring details.
- Perform expedited engineering and equipment functions
- Perform on-site verification of deliveries for signal company
- Maintain inventory of signal company spare materials
- Sorting/Ordering or all tags, tag lists, and pull sheets
- Represent Hitachi Rail at meetings with Transit Authorities
- Field relay testing of all vital relays prior to plug in and room breakdown testing
- Provide support during preparation of bid and proposal data on potential projects
- Any and all other signaling systems related works as directed by the project in order to support those projects needs
Desired Skills/ Knowledge:
- Experience to perform the aforementioned accountabilities as dictated in section above
- Bachelor of Science or technical degree required preferably in electrical or systems engineering.
- Minimum 10 years leading field testing, integration, or commissioning projects on a multi-million dollar scale
- Minimum 5 years working on mass transit projects in an engineering or project/program management role
- Previous work in switch and signal train transportation system as a design engineer, project engineer, system engineer/integrator a plus
- Willing to take on big challenges with large-scale mass transit projects
- Able to perform signal circuit engineering
- Ability to test signal equipment & circuits
- Ability to place signals systems into service
- Ability to interpret contract specification
- Ability to read, understand and interpret switch and signal line drawing, schematics and cable plans
- Previous experience in Testing & Commissioning of large infrastructure projects.
- Basic working knowledge of Rail Transit Subsystem such as Automatic Train Supervision, Vehicle, Telecommunication, Platform Screen Gates, Traction Electrification, SCADA, CCTV, Radios, GPS, etc.
- Basic understanding of software configuration managements (CM)
- Basic understanding of software programming logic
- Ability to read, understand, and implement scripts written in various scripting languages (BASH, python, Perl)
- Basic working knowledge of the Linux or UNIX operating system
- Operation and Maintenance Processes
- Manage and lead assigned resources and suppliers in order to perform the tests and troubleshooting activities
- Railway Operations and Signaling principles
- Planning and organization
- Integrated System Tests
- Validation and Verification Processes
- System requirements definition
Certification or Technical Degree Required; Bachelor's Degree Preferred Languages:
Hitachi Rail employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our followers!
Have a glance at our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirailsts/