This is a pan European role working alongside various departments, providing financial information, tools, analysis and insight to executives, challenging their thinking, helping them make more informed decisions and driving business strategy. The role provides 'real time' support and analysis and requires the incumbent to become a trusted adviser who is able to add value that will assist in decision making. This role reports to the Head of Business Partnering.
Operating as part of the Financial Planning & Analysis department, the Business Partner will be responsible for supporting various business departments from a financial perspective. They will produce and analyse financial outputs (e.g. reports and accounts), incorporating a deep understanding of business drivers to support the management team to achieve and exceed overall business objectives.
Main Tasks & Responsibilities
- Engage with senior stakeholders in business units, Operating Companies and Hitachi Corporate, to ensure the business partnering service meets customer and corporate requirements
- Anticipate and respond to changes in customer needs that may impact on the Business Partnering organisation
- Work closely with senior stakeholders in HEU Ltd to identify opportunities for increasing support delivered by the Business Partner team and ensure these are delivered effectively
- Provide advice and guidance to senior line management concerning financial matters so as to improve their knowledge and understanding, and to increase the general awareness of financial planning, management and control in the business
- Assist in all budget (short and mid-term) and forecast processes ensuring information is produced, consolidated, analysed distributed such that line management is fully briefed and informed on present and forecast cost and budget performance including operating profit and working capital
- Review financial statements and management accounts to ensure these represent an accurate reflection of financial performance, including income, cost, transfer price, asset value and asset records, Group recharges (rent, rates, other recharges, etc.), consultancy fees, etc.
- Ensure reconciliation of monthly sales and orders, analysis of margins by product groups, customers and shipments including specific balance sheet items in order that the accounting and financial position in the accounts accurately reflect the actual position
- Manage relationships with key partners and stakeholders to ensure that financial perspectives are reflected in all key business decisions
- Business performance evaluation and decision support, working with stakeholders from various business units and Group companies in EMEA
- Coordinate and prepare Budget/Forecast figures and analysis. The Budget and Forecast are distributed such that line management is fully briefed and informed on present and forecast cost and budget performance. This includes preparation of management presentation material to board members and head-office in Japan
- When required, deliver accurate and timely elements of management reporting which are critical to supporting business decision-making (e.g. Operating Plan, Rolling Forecasts, and Business Plan update etc.)
- Business change support: assist in delivery of strategic projects, ensuring key deliverables are achieved in a timely, accurate, robust and controlled manner, whilst in some instances being able to shape effective solutions. Support change initiatives undertaken by business customers
- Compliance - ensuring work of self and others (where applicable) is carried out in full compliance with all legal and regulatory requirements and codes of practice/conduct
Skills & Experience
- Qualified accountant with significant professional experience
- Previous experience operating in a Finance Business Partnering role, previous experience working in a multinational corporation would be advantageous
- Experience of supporting business decision making processes, ideally in collaboration with Shared Service / GBS organisations. Demonstrable ability to identify and analyse key business drivers
- Experience of strong contribution to strategic projects from a governance, design and delivery aspect
- System oriented (i.e. SAP)
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and Powerpoint
- Strong influencing, networking and relationship building skills to work effectively with a wide range of stakeholders both within Finance and across the business units
- Proven capability to drive change and influence key internal stakeholders
Company Funded Benefits
- Market competitive salary and discretionary bonus scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement with the option to buy up to an additional 8 days per year
- A Holiday Banking scheme allowing you to bank untaken holiday to use another year
- Group Personal Pension
- Private Medical Insurance with self-funded option to cover family members
- Employee Assistance Programme available to all employees
- Personal Accident Insurance
Voluntary Benefits (funded by employee) including;
- Cycle To Work scheme
- Gym Membership
- Dental Insurance with option to include dependent children
- Health screening
- Dining card
Hitachi Europe Ltd is a social innovation company with headquarters based in Maidenhead, England. The company’s European operations employ over 550 people to deliver services and solutions to customers in several key business areas. The company's portfolio includes digital media products, industrial components and equipment, European procurement and sourcing, research and design, information systems.
HEU is also responsible for managing a Shared Services Group that provides the Company's business units with a range of innovative and effective common services that deliver value, create ‘lean’ processes and support growth and development - including HR, IT, Legal, Finance & Accounting, Corporate Communications & Sustainability, and Business Development.