Hitachi Vantara have signed a major deal with one of Irelands leading financial institutions. Over the next 5 years we will be conducting a complete storage refresh with many of our new products, services and solutions being deployed. The Storage Engineer role will complete the Vantara account team and will be working closely with the customer, on site in Dublin. They have an established and mature team and it's critical that his person has both the technical knowledge to help deliver the transformation and the team fit to work day to day with the customers staff.
The Technical Storage Engineer is a Professional Services role for Hitachi Vantara working as a key member of the customers technical team. Working with the HV account team to deliver Statements of Work and phases of the programme of work - on time and to the required quality. As a customer facing role this requires you to build the customer's confidence in Hitachi Vantara, our technology, and the services team. These services are both technical and consultative. Duties:
- Implement, configure and support in accordance with best practice and agreed design documentation.
- Assist in the migration of storage data involving Hitachi Vantara technologies using Hitachi Vantara migration techniques.
- Perform daily storage tasks, aligning to the Service Levels, as they relate to storage administration including but not limited to:
- Host-level tasks requested by AIB to access Hitachi Vantara storage elements of the System
- Capacity management
- Data backup and recovery
- Disaster recovery
- 3+ years Technical Consultancy and Enterprise experience
- 5+ years technical IT related experience - across Hitachi storage and related parts of the portfolio
- Fluent spoken and written English language skill
- Ability to implement, configure and document Hitachi technologies technology according to agreed design documentation
- Ability to support the Hitachi Vantara solution architecting process, providing technical expertise and implementation skills in the solutions required
- Participate in the configuration, integration and documentation of third-party compute and storage solutions
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.