Job ID: 45979
Date Posted: Oct 15, 2020
Segment: Others (Including Headquarters and R&D )
Business Unit: Hitachi Regional Headquarters
Company Name: Hitachi America, Ltd.
Profession (Job Category): Sales
Job Type (Experience Level): Experienced
Job Schedule: Full-time
AC Drives Sales Engineer (Southeast) and Warranty Administrator
Company: Hitachi America, Ltd.
Division: Industrial Components & Equipment Division
Location: Remote/Home Office
Status: Project, Full-time for 6 months
Hitachi America, Ltd., (www.hitachi-america.us) is looking for a long term sales engineer and technical support engineer as a member of our AC Drives team. This position is responsible for performing a variety of tasks which include visiting territory accounts to increase sales in the designated region and managing the warranty claims inclusive of issuance of return authorizations as deemed necessary in support of our customers. The sales engineer will also field technical support calls as necessary to educate and assist our end user customer’s use of our products in their application. This position is also responsible for fielding technical support questions from our sales channels in both North and South America. This position also requires occasional travel to customer locations in the Southeast to develop new business and expand market position in existing accounts, as well as participation in national and regional trade shows to expand our product sales into specific market segments as well as serve as our technical application support ambassador and center point of contact.
· Field technical support calls as necessary to solve field end user issues.
· Utilize CRM software to record pertinent data forthcoming from technical support calls and sales calls in region.
· Make sales calls with sales representatives or to direct accounts independently in order to meet sales goals.
· Manage sales reps in designated region to reach their sales goals.
· Issue Return Materials Authorizations, (RMA) as necessary as outlined in our warranty policy terms.
· Maintain the RMA database for accuracy of records and proper communications to our end customers, distributors, DSS sales staff, management and representatives.
· Manage and maintain spare or repair parts inventory levels to service our repairs centers.
· Maintain current and adequate repair parts inventory.
· Participate in import and export seminars as required to maintain current knowledge on regulations that affect the AC drives products and components.
· Assist as necessary on request from Import/Export Office (IEO) requests.
· Communicate with our Authorized repair centers with respect to all warranty issues, including quotation of repair parts in the event of non-warranty repairs.
· Support our distributors and customers with the correct cross over product part numbers and list price from competitor’s products as well as our legacy product to current products.
· Participate in training seminars as instructor, or assistant.
· Offer our Japan engineering office accurate and constructive data on quality and improvements on current products.
· B.S. in engineering field (Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial, or IET)
· 5+ years of service experience in industrial ac drives application support
· Knowledge of PLC programming
· Knowledge of MS Windows/MS Word & MS Excel
· Superior oral/written communication skills
· Knowledge of Modbus, Modbus TCP, RS232/RS485/LAN Communication Protocols, Machine to machine interface a plus
· Ability to lift up to 50lbs.
· Must be able to strictly adhere to safety instructions and follow directions
· Must be able to work independently and be detail oriented
· Travel up to 25% domestically
EOE-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities