Job description Hitachi Rail
is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Senior Civil Work & Trackwork Engineer
who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is a team player and is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic.
The position is based in Abu Dhabi. Who We Are
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signaling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions. Mission
Ensure that the projects made, in house or outsourced, are complies with the contract and system requirements; ensure the transitability of vehicle within the permanent way. Ensure that the alignment interfaces are managed in all STS projects. Survey the tests and commissioning activity. Take part to a main project or to more projects of minor entity. Accountabilities
What we typically do:
- Ensure the double check of the requirements of each project within its competence is properly completed
- Ensure identification and resolution of the interfaces of auxiliary systems with the main subsystems (e.g. CW, Rolling Stock, etc.)
- Ensure the application of quality procedures for the emissions of the documents at every stage of the design
- Ensure there are no risks not assessed with respect to the safety of the works designed and compared to budgeted costs
- Ensure the verification of the interfaces alignment and that each step are managed and properly solved
- Ensure the identification of critical issues in the development of the project and prepare mitigation actions
- Civil Work Interface with civil contractors
- The use of BIM for CW interfaces definition and management, incorporated into the project delivery strategy as part of the Engineering Management Plan.
Sub-Contractors selection :
- Purchase Technical Specification (PTS) preparation according to contract needs;
- Supporting activity for Hitachi Rail purchase Department:
- technical assessment of offers received by potential suppliers;
- clarification about technical issues of suppliers;
After sub-contractor is onboard, we support our Hitachi purchase Department to define the final contract-configuration to sign;
our role consists of Requirements and Interfaces definition/consolidation and management; the Tools used are the Requirements Traceability Matrix and the Interface Register, implemented in BIM (Building Information Modelling) context, using also a specific Common Data Environment (CDE).
We have to ensure that the supplier performs according to the contract requirements and design processes.
our role consists of technical support in order to solve relevant issues.
Commissioning phase :
our scope manly consists of validation of requirements derived by interface resolution.
Job requirements Required Skills/ Knowledge
- Minimum 5 up to 10 year experience of engineering expertise
- Civil Engineer Experience (design/commissioning/technical management, etc.) - min 5 years
- Experience about common design SW tools (e.g. Autodesk Civil Design/Autocad/Revit/Bentley Projectwise Microstation/Open Rail/etc.) and BIM principles
English: fluent level required - and international experience - min 2 years Soft Skills
- Co-operative approach
- Mobility Mindset
Civil Engineering - Bachelor Degree - Master Degree as preferred Languages
- English Level B2
- Italian knowledge as a plus
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at http://sts.hitachirail.com/en/careers/work-us/open-positions
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.