Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value.The Role
We are seeking a Robotic Process Automation (RPA) Developer
who has both a technical skill set with the ability to design system solutions. This individual will deliver RPA system solutions while providing designs that support day to day operations at Hitachi Vantara. This individual must have a passion for technology delivery and be able to thrive in a dynamic, fast changing environment, without losing sight of core processes around development and delivery. Must be able to work on and balance multiple high priority items at the same time.
This individual should have a strong track record in RPA development and implementation experience using Automation Anywhere (UIPath or similar). He/She should be able to work independently with little supervision. Creation of key documentation for business requirements, functional specifications, technical specifications and testing documents will be required. Must be able to work with internal IT teams to develop solutions based on the business requirements.
Specific duties include but are not limited to the following essential job functions:Responsibilities:
- Streamline new processes using a simple approach, the processes should be well structured, maintainable and scalable.
- Design and configure RPA processes and objects in the RPA tool.
- Work with cross-functional teams across IT to ensure that all processes, procedures and policies are adhered to for the projects assigned
- Preform the design, development, testing and deployment of new RPA functionality.
- Provide knowledge transfer to other team members.
- Be available to provide support for critical issues that arise in production on a as needed basis.
- Create system related documentation for all aspects of the RPA competency center.
- Deliver the defined scope and deliverables according to the dates and milestones established.
- Drive the process efforts by participating in workshops, designing and communicating RPA solutions.
- Estimate development efforts for Robotics Process Automation Delivery.
- Provide updates on project status, issues, risks, escalations, and change requests.
- Coordinate with 3rd party vendors on application support issues, defects and enhancements.
- Bot administration, monitoring, security, deployment and RPA COE concepts.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology Management or related discipline
- At least 2 years of programming experience in VB, C#, C++ or Java or .NET is required
- Working knowledge of infrastructure including servers, storage, firewalls, load balancers, routers, etc.
- Knowledge of all phases of software development including requirements/story gathering, analysis, solution design, development, testing (unit, integration, end-to-end user), implementation, and support
- Experience working with various database platforms, workflow / BPM tools
- Knowledge of automation tools like Automation Anywhere, UiPath, etc.
- Strong experience and understanding of business processes across multiple business domains
- Experience designing complex system solutions
- Self-starter with the desire to expand knowledge in other technical areas.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication written and verbal and leadership skills
- Experience in delivering software projects using Agile methodology
- Experience in software or systems development, support, maintenance and or technical operations support.
- Able to rapidly learn and become proficient in selected RPA software (Automation Anywhere), technology and tools
- Integration technologies REST, JSON, XML, SOAP and Web Services desired
- RPA Bot experience and RPA certification will be an asset
- Fluency in English (written - spoken)
- As this is a global support role it will require rotation of on calls. So, we are looking for candidates who will be willing to sometimes work outside of standard business hours to resolve issues or complete special projects if required
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.