Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value.
Come join our team and our employee-focused culture and help drive our customers' data to meaningful customer outcomes.
A new Job opportunity has arisen in Hitachi Vantara for a Business Data Analyst
responsible for primarily Finance and Sales data analysis spanning corporate to regional focus.
As a Business Data Analyst at Hitachi Vantara, you will be working with Business users from FP-A, Field Finance, IT Administration Team/Managers, Sales Operations - Sales Management to provide analysis and solutioning for business data issues in order to fulfil the requirement of clean, accurate, standardized and automated data supply for purposes of Management dashboard and reporting.
This position is located in Krakow, Poland and reports to the Corporate Finance Data Strategy and Management team.
- Work with business users in Finance, Sales and other functional groups to document data requirements for reporting
- Retrieving, analysing, cleansing, consolidating, and managing large data sets from multiple systems and preparing it for use in Management reporting.
- Work closely with IT to correct data retrieval, processing and consolidation issues
- Partnering with IT to ensure clean and accurate data is automatically available in the company's Enterprise Data Lake.
- Performing deep dive data analysis to reconcile data discrepancies across multiple systems. Performing root cause analysis for discrepancies and working with relevant teams (eg: IT for integration issues or reviewing business processes with finance operations teams etc) to drive resolution to obtain clean and harmonized data.
- Perform analysis of complex and large data sets in order to identify and interpret trends and patterns within the data.
- Identifying data sources, collecting data, sourcing missing data, organising data into usable standardized formats, setting up data infrastructure for purposes of management reporting.
- Analysing data to find answers to specific business issues/questions. Generating information and insights from data sets and identifying root cause for anomalies
- Assessing quality of data then removing or cleaning data.
- Provide and communicate resolution of data and reporting issues
- BS/BA in Finance / IT / Mathematics / Information Management / Statistics or equivalent
- Minimum of 3-5 years of work experience in Accounting, Finance /Record To Report/Financial Planning - Reporting preferably in global organization.
- Proven working experience as a Data Analyst or Business Data Analyst
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel; able to create/manipulate Pivot Tables, Advance Formulas. Create reports in Excel/Access data base. Proficient with Visual basic with hands on experience of creating Macro file
- Oracle Financials or equivalent ERP application experience
- Strong-nbsp;analytical skillswith the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings
- Technical expertisewith-nbsp;data models
- Strong English written and verbal communication skills
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Very detailed and meticulous.
- Confident and comfortable interacting with Business Users from multiple geographies
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.