Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value.This position reside in the Santa Clara headquarters and will require you to be there regularly, once the office open. Prior to that you can work remote. We are not offering relocation at this time.
We're seeking a Principal Product Manager leader who is invigorated by new challenges and a passion for solving them. A successful candidate must be comfortable with technical deep dive, balance conflicting interests with reasoned analysis, and work relentlessly for his/her customers. As a product manager, you will define, build, and deliver Unified Compute Platform (UCP) solutions focused on Converged/Hyperconverged Infrastructure, Software Defined Infrastructure, Virtualization, Mission Critical Apps, Big Data Analytics, and IT Automation technologies.Responsibilities
- Must be a master at Product Management with ability to manage 5+ products/solutions in parallel.
- Should be skilled in profitably managing lifecycles of existing Tier 1 products and solutions; as well as successfully bring new solutions from conceptualization phase to the stage of critical adoption.
- Should be skilled with gainfully managing solutions / products through direct as well as indirect channels.
- Partner with Engineering to develop and enhance solutions and launch them on a regular basis.
- Identify market opportunities, define solution vision and strategy.
- Engage with prospects and customers to discover underlying business drivers, identify challenges, devise solutions and demonstrate capabilities.
- Develop ROI projections and analysis to determine the business value, define release goals and prioritize features.
- Monitor relevant emerging industry trends and technologies.
- Evangelize and drive adoption of solutions / products into multiple marketplace leveraging various communication channels such as presentations, speak at industry forums, whitepapers, blogs, webinars, live demonstrations, etc.
- Work with sales and partners, be advocate of our solutions, and build a strong ecosystem for us.
- Master's degree in Business, Computer Science or MIS is preferred, a four year degree in computer science is required.
- 10+ years of experience in a Product Management. Additional experience in Engineering and Technology Strategy role is a plus.
- Deep understanding and knowledge of technology and solutions utilizing SAP, Oracle, MSSQL, DB2, any ERP/CRM, in-memory databases, Analytics, and converged / hyperconverged infrastructure (compute, network, storage).
- Knowledge and experience in S4HANA, BW4HANA, SAP HANA Appliance, SAP HANA Tailored Data Center Integration, Exadata appliance, mission critical application infrastructure and Hybrid Cloud solutions is a plus.
- An entrepreneurial mindset with ability to work independently to deliver results.
- This is a hands on role, not just advisory. Successful candidate should be willing to do what it takes to get the job done while leading others to do the same.
- Large corporation experience is a requirement.
- High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; experience using financial data, usage metrics, ROI, etc. to drive decision-making.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with a demonstrated experience engaging and influencing cross functional teams.
- 10% domestic and international travel may be required.