Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value.
The Senior Sales Operations Analyst is primarily responsible for commercial oversight of business activity at Hitachi Vantara. The Senior Sales Operations Analyst will work as part of the ANZ Sales Operations team, and provide analysis, commercial modelling and guidance for pricing, while also managing in-country governance and review cycles of current and pipeline opportunities.
This role will work closely with the sales and ANZ management teams and will also have the potential for some customer facing requirements. It is expected that the Senior Sales Operations Analyst will work as a valued part of the wider sales team, to provide commercial insights, review and qualify opportunities and bid strategies, while also engaging with management and other functions to ensure all aspects of major opportunities have been considered. As a result of this work, the role is a key contributor to qualifying and managing the region's opportunity pipeline.
The role is dynamic and the ability to work with ambiguous and fluid situations and information, with limited guidance, is key.
The Senior Sales Operations Analyst is expected to work closely with District Sales Directors, ANZ Region management team, and the APAC Commercial team, to ensure that in-country governance processes flow efficiently and effectively between the various stakeholders. Responsibilities
Overall responsibility for designing and implementing a governance framework for opportunities in the Region, and executing processes against that framework.
- Responsibility for ensuring governance processes identify opportunities that are appropriate for escalation into the APAC Commercial Concierge process, and supporting that process.
- Support the Sales Operations Director in reviewing contracts and agreements, providing feedback and input to ensure terms are aligned with Hitachi Vantara expectations, and are commercially sound.
- Support the Region with the development of programs, and assist in deployment of global initiatives, as and when required.
- Overall responsibility for reviewing and qualifying major opportunities in the Region's pipeline
- Develop models and creative pricing structures for major opportunities, providing support for the sales function to extract the most value out of opportunities as possible.
- Provide intelligence into approval cycles, ensuring that opportunities are reviewed holistically - in context of the entire account - not just the discrete opportunity.
- Assist in the response and preparation of customer proposals, including Hitachi responses to bids
- Pricing and Deal Structuring
- Understand the commercial and operational implications of contractual obligations in customer contracts
- Provide input into contract negotiations, and provide feedback and support when required
- Prepare price models for complex sales proposals
- Prepare and maintain models for price scenarios to determine the appropriate commercial outcome for a customer and Hitachi Vantara
- Maintain standard price scenarios
- Develop total cost of ownership models for input in customer business cases
- Prepare approval packs for proposed pricing
- Assist with complex deal structuring
-nbsp;Qualifications - Profile
Degree or equivalent formal education,
- A minimum of 5-7 years in analysis, pricing and/or financial modelling experience in a similar role.
- Experience preparing business cases of total cost of ownership models
- Experience in supporting and being involved in complex business decisions
- Previously worked in a technology organisation
- Possess the ability to work independently in an unstructured and high pace environment
- Highly developed financial, business and commercial acumen
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and financial modelling skills
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.