Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value.The Role
Hitachi Vantara is looking for a Strategic Pricing Analytics Analyst to support global pricing guidance analytics platform implementation and business models designing and strategic financial impacts. Support to deliver next generation advanced analytics and optimization models.
This position reports to the Senior Director of Strategic Pricing Analytics and will require continuous collaboration, not only with all levels of broader pricing operations team, but also with cross-functional stakeholders and partners - especially Sales Operations, IT and Finance organizations.
The position will also support the pricing systems planning and analytics data model design processes, as well as gathering and documenting functional requirements for systems, processes, and training/education. In addition, it will identify, propose and manage delivery of data-driven improvements to pricing processes and systems that create operational efficiencies, optimize revenue and margins, and deliver better pricing outcomes.Responsibilities
- Supporting the Strategic Analytics team Leader for gathering information on ongoing projects,
• Creating new offerings pricing models and projected impact on P-L from strategic expansion perspective
• Understand business and strategic pricing ecosystem processes and their impacts on pricing analytics platform
• Support the PROS/ Pricing Guidance Ongoing Segmentation enhancements backed by advanced statistical / analytical testing
• Updating and supporting team's SharePoint Document repository, Governance Process etc.
• Document all upcoming Pricing Guidance PBI analytics Logic, changes and keep the communication updated for PM to be sent out each month for stakeholders.
• Support SQL / Power BI code alignments to support global implementation
• Run statistical models in R / Python or Stata based on the requirements defined by the Pricing Analytics Leader
• Support business case creation for ongoing methodology and logic changes in collaboration with analytics team and broader pricing team.
• Responsible for embedding the statistical model in mainstream Power BI tool for forward looking projected business and pricing impact
• Support the reporting of the business impact of pricing workflows, systems and processes, and recommend changes to Strategic Pricing Operations leadership to improve financial performance and operational benefits
- Bachelor-s Degree in Business Administration, Economics, Statistics, Finance or Engineering combined with Analytical and advanced Business Intelligence knowledge
• 5-7 years' experience in tech industry, primarily with monetization models, pricing and new product offerings along with financial reporting concepts
• Knowledge of P-L and Pricing waterfalls is a must
• Experience using R, Stata, or Python is a must
• Expertise with standard office technology products and apps (e.g., MS Office - PowerPoint, Word, etc....)
• Excel macro, Oracle/ SQL/SQL Databases (must), and solid understanding of relational databases experience is expected
• Excellent problem-solving skills
• Outstanding interpersonal skills and a strong ability to team with others
• Experience in supporting implementation of complex pricing analytics systems, tools and dashboards and managed processes
• Ability to successfully operate in a dynamic environment and work with changing business requirements
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.