Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value.The Role
This position is responsible for supporting APAC Tax Manager to manage the taxation matters of APAC country as well as supporting US GAAP tax reporting and other indirect tax projects. The objectives of the Tax Accounting are to ensure that the local finance and Corporate have the reliable financial information pertaining to taxation to make effective business decisions and complies with all Generally Accepted Accounting Principles both US GAAP - local GAAP, external reporting requirements and Corporate accounting policies and practices.
- Assist in GST/VAT/WHT compliance: Implementation, monthly / quarterly GST/VAT submission, monthly GST/VAT reconciliation
- Monitoring GST/VAT/WHT compliance due date and work process for APAC countries.
- Assist in GST/VAT/WHT advisory and audit for APAC countries.
- Give guidance to subordinate in term of indirect tax compliance and indirect tax advisory.
- Assist to meet Local GAAP statutory tax filing requirement including providing the relevant backups, preparation of annual tax filing, assisting to respond to local tax authority queries.
- Preparation of the quarterly US GAAP tax packages for APAC countries.
- Act as a point of contact pertaining to taxation matters for APAC countries.
- Assist APAC Tax Manager in ad-hoc cases pertaining to taxation and other tasks assigned by the management from time to time.
- University Degree in Accounting/Finance/Tax (ACCA/ CPA/ MACPA graduate or Certified tax advisor is a plus).
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience in Statutory audit, Direct and Indirect Taxation matters with a public accounting firm (i.e. Big 4) or industry tax department of multi-national corporation including local tax office.
- General knowledge of local country taxation requirements in Asia countries, for example Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Vietnam, etc.
- Experience in working with multiple countries and cultures and probably dealing with Corporate - Regional office.
- Experience in developing and maintaining accounting policies, procedures, systems and internal controls.
- Fluent in English. Proficiency in other Asian languages will be an added advantage.
- Possess self-starter and self-finisher mentality with ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Have strong analytical skills with high competency in accounting knowledge and put attention to details.
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office applications of Excel, PowerPoint and Words and familiar with Oracle Financial System.
- Have good interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to listen and respond to other's points of view in a respectful manner.
- Possess elevated level of confidence and assertiveness in communication especially with leaders from different countries.
- Have ability to work well in a team environment with a wide variety of personnel from multiple disciplines and cultures
- Be open communicator, inquisitive and not afraid to challenge "status quo"
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.