Are you looking
for opportunities to work on high profile rail projects and advanced technology
alongside experts from the UK, Europe and Japan? Come and join the fastest
growing rail business in the world!
Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling
stock, signalling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey.
With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000
employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous
development of superior rail transport solutions. We are working to
Inspire the Next – and this is your chance to be part of it.
Your new role
this exciting new role you will
- Lead and direct the servicing team to ensure all
trains are serviced in the allotted time scales.
- Monitor the Maintenance Management System (SAP) to
ensure all work is being recorded correctly.
- Undertaken Servicing of train arriving at from
service this will include but is not limited to
- Replenishment of Diesel
- Toilet system servicing
- Replenishment of fresh water for the toilet and
- Replenishment of the drivers windscreen wash
- Replenishment of sand hoppers fitted to the train
- Capture and record all servicing undertaken and
materials used in the required I.T. system provided.
- Reporting of any defects found, notifying the
Servicing Team Leader and recording this in the required I.T. system provided.
- Support the continued development of the SAP
maintenance management system (MMS).
Ensure all servicing requirements are captured and delivered.
- Ensure all material usage is controlled and
recorded and any materials being returned to the stores for repair are
correctly labelled and process is followed.
- Comply with the lean principles and best practice
as instructed at North Pole and other out stabled locations as necessary.
- Support the maintenance staff and cleaners to ensuring
the contractual agreed number of trains are made available for service.
- Health & safety – Follow the correct working
practices at all times. All relative PPE equipment is being used. Ensure road
ways/pits are kept clean after work.
- Liaise with Hitachi and external personnel as
required to complete the duties of the post.
- Assist as required
- Network Rail Sentinel PTS
- Manual Handling, COSHH, working at height,
Powered plant and tools – air / 110v experience.
- Experience of direct and indirect assessment
of staff on the shop.
- Experience of supporting
a maintenance team on a shift bases in a modern rolling stock maintenance depot
- Outstanding Safety
Awareness gained in an operational railway engineering environments.
- Experience of working at
stabling out stations or main line station technical support.
- Competent with stores,
spare parts logistics and material management on a railway maintenance depot.
- Extensive experience of
modern maintenance management systems (MMS) and associated reliability and
available trend analysis.
- Experience of performing
modifications and campaigns on modern rolling stock.
- Engineering based NVQ level 3
- Intermediate IT skills – typically Word, Excel,
Power Point, Outlook
- Reading electrical, pneumatic, mechanical
schematics and drawings reading
- Train driving, Fire warden, First Aider
- Powered plant and tools – bogie drop, cranes, air
systems / 110v tools.
driving assessment and licence
- Depot Protection
at Height, COSHH, Manual handling, AC/DC Depot isolation
comfortable work within a team or on their own
- Sound knowledge of, and compliance to,
rules and regulations (internal and external)
to represent Hitachi in a professional manner at all times
- Calm and diplomatic under pressure, able to
support, teach and mentor.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
to interface effectively with all levels of personnel both within and
outside the company.
- Loyal, committed, confident and determined.