Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value.
Position Title: Sr. Revenue Performance Analyst
- Supports all commercial related activities for Product and Services engagements including, but not limited to, deal structuring, contract creation, review and approval for offers, contract management and providing support to field sales for quoting purposes.
- Ensures deals are structured and processed efficiently and align to company policies.
- Reviews, interprets, and confirms contract terms and conditions
- Works closely with Sales, finance, and legal teams to ensure all contracts are accurate.
- Verifies compliance with internal policies (and external regulations).
- Responsible for drafting, modifying, and finalizing contracts, for financial terms - conditions including new and add-on business.
- Responsible for the handling of day-to-day queries from groups including, sales, sales operations, customers / partners, distribution center personnel and account management teams using quoting tools, CRM, or ERP system.
- Resolves problems through research, consulting with internal support teams, to identify the appropriate tools and process steps for success.
- Repeatable order processes for complex deals and the associated accounting including the upfront structuring.
- Providing the financial review and processing for all multiple element sales and lease transactions, as directed, including Product sales, Professional Services, Maintenance Services and Managed Services, whether stand-alone or when included in a multi element arrangement.
- Work with highly complex arrangements with non-standard contract terms assessing the arrangements to record proper revenue and cost recognition using the IFRS15, IFRS16 accounting standards as well as Company policies.
- Assisting Sales, Sales Ops, Legal, and the Professional Services and Maintenance Services teams in all finance related aspects including the Financial terms and conditions when necessary.
- Assigned to support a territory consisting of a Region, Country, or District.
- The Sr. Revenue Performance Analyst may be partnered with a Jr. Revenue Performance Analyst to provide guidance and direction in a team setting.
- Key contributor and in collaboration with the Jr. Revenue Performance Analyst, assists Sales and Sales Ops personnel on deal structuring to optimize company revenue and provide guidance on proper revenue and cost accounting.
- Support the sales campaign in the Opportunity, Quote, and Order phases
- Engaging with the Share Center personnel as part of the Revenue to Cash process.
- Revenue recognition and cost recognition conclusions and accounting using customer contracts, quotes, and orders on deals as directed and based on high deal/contract complexity.
- Using Sales Force CRM, Oracle ERP, Zuora RevPro revenue system and the Kimble PSA system to perform the role
- All required documentation per Company Policy.
- Includes securing of the proper financial approvals as appropriate.
- Adheres to the Company's financial JSOX controls, processes, and policies.
: Order Management, Contract management, Deal Support and Order Processing and Revenue Recognition
Finance Terms - Conditions and Non-Pricing Deal Structuring Elements
- Other Responsibilities
- Support internal and external financial audits and JSOX related audits
- Assist with training Field Sales, Sales Operations and Commercial Operations personnel on Finance policies and practices
- Ad hoc reporting, analysis and investigations as required
- Interacts directly with Channel and Direct Sales Partners as required
- Verify all Payment terms and credit holds while working with the Company Credit - Collections team
- Review quotes, orders, and contracts for
- Financial Penalties
- Acceptance criteria and risk of loss
- Invoicing Terms
- Enterprise License Agreement Terms and Conditions
- Product and Services Concessions
- Contracted Service Credits, rebates, and refunds
- Performance Guarantees
- Tax related Terms and Conditions
- Foreign Exchange rate terms, as appropriate
- Equipment buy-backs, trade ins, and financial rebates
- Free offerings and future pricing options
- Leasing terms
- All levels and roles of Sales and Sales Operations, External Customers / Partners.
- All levels of GEO / Country / Region Finance, Accounting and Revenue Management
- GEO Revenue and Deal Team Leads and or Managers, Revenue Manager
- Global Director of Revenue and Compliance
- Corporate Controller, Internal Auditor and External Auditors, Legal/Contracts Managers
- Distribution Centers (order fulfillment, logistics teams), Shared Service Center personnel
- Other Field and Corporate Finance related functions and roles
- Masters in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration
- CPA, CMA or MBA achieved or started
- Minimum of five years' experience in related finance functions associated with revenue and in a related Industry
- Experience in applying IFRS15 - IFRS16 revenue recognition and lease qualification
- Experience with Oracle, Salesforce a plu
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.