We invite applications from Buyer who fits the below specifications for a 6+ months Fixed Term opportunity.
The ideal candidate will be degree qualified (Engineering, Economics, Law or related field) with at least 3 years of experience in a similar role. We are looking for someone with excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to develop and maintain a positive working relationship with stakeholders. You will have a strong practical understanding of procurement systems, be a smart negotiator with commercial and legal/contractual astuteness. Hitachi Rail
is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signaling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions. Job tasks and responsibilities
The Buyer accountabilities will include but are not limited to the following:
- Ensure the formalizing of local procurement agreements/contracts in compliance with procurement policies and procedures;
- Working with stakeholders (Supply Chain and Project / Finance teams) to deliver Procurement outcomes;
- Ensure sharing with the Global Procurement Unit and main stakeholders of knowledge related to the spend local commodity / category (e.g. vendor intelligence, market knowledge);
- Ensure the local procurement activities during bidding and execution in accordance with Procurement strategy;
- Support the implementation and compliance with Company relevant Processes and rules for the assigned geographical area;
- Ensure the implementation of RFI/ RFP / RFQ process & projections to support bid preparations for relevant local procurement commodity/ category in alignment with procurement internal processes and procedures;
- Ensure Procurement Risk Monitoring & Control for the assigned local procurement activities;
- Support the Post of Bid Award (Win-Loss-Variance) Analysis;
- Ensure Supplier scouting to monitor and establish potential new Suppliers options, by providing price lists/ catalogues and Capability benchmarking;
- Ensure the monitoring and reporting of economic and financial figures (budgeted v/s actual savings ) as required;
- Contribute to the collection and provision to the Supply Chain unit of all Procurement data relevant- for the assigned local commodity/category- to assist with make or buy options;
- Ensure, according to the supply plan/project schedule and inputs received by SP, the implementation of all the procurement activities for relevant local commodity /category.
Job requirements Skills and experience
- University Degree (Engineering, Economics, Law or related field) and
- At least 3 years of a similar Buyer role, demonstrating:
- Cost & Commercial Acumen
- Benchmarking and risk management
- Framework Agreements or call off's
- Supplier relationships
- Statutory Policies and Organizational Processes
- Suppliers qualification processes
- Vendor rating and suppliers monitoring
- IT Tools (Ms Office, SAP, E- Auctions, etc.)
- Procurement Planning Methods
- Purchasing Process and Procedures.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at https://careers.hitachi.com/
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our followers!
Have a glance at our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirail