Job description Hitachi Rail
is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Deputy Construction Manager
who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is currently based in Boston, MA
, but may be required to move locations in the future to support business opportunities within other geographic areas of the United Sates. Who We Are:
Hitachi Rail STS is an international leader with a global presence in signaling and the implementation of integrated transport systems for freight and passenger railways, as well as mass transit systems. Project Description:
MBTA Commuter Rail North Side Automatic Train Control Program includes the design and integration of a new train control system, improvements to existing signaling systems, and upgrades to the power network for the Commuter Rail lines on the Northern side of Boston. Accountabilities:
• Reporting to the MBTA NSATC Construction Manager:
o Manage the installation of technological systems for the assigned Work Packages within the constraints of cost, schedule, scope, quality, safety and environmental requirements.
o Ensure the coordination and supervision of all site activities including civil and technological works in accordance with the Approved Installation Plan.
o Report on progress and status of work, forecasting risks and opportunities and reporting any deviations of scope, schedule, cost or quality
• Maintain the Project Installation Schedule throughout the life of the Project interfacing with the Project Planner to maintain the Project Master Schedule.
• Ensure compliance with the Approved for Construction Design and manage any non-conformances in accordance with the Quality Plan.
• When delegated by the Construction manager, represent the Project at site coordination meetings with the Client and liaise with various project entities, third parties and/or stakeholders
• Identify and implement recovery actions to maintain the delivery plan in accordance with the contract.
• Manage interface coordination efforts for site activities with other site stakeholders and Fixed Facilities Contractors, (FFC's) as required for timely completion of the Project
• Provide constructability reviews of plans and specifications to evaluate scheduled activities and staffing requirements for each phase of construction, and coordinate the availability of requisite equipment
• Confer with, and direct personnel and sub-contractors with respect to interpreting specifications and executing safe work methods.
• Provide leadership onsite to ensure the health and safety of the workforce and community and meet all environmental obligations;
• Coordinate with the Commissioning Manager for handover of the installed system and subsequent test, commissioning and start-up activities
• Support Engineering and Project Management for the timely processing of changes and release of revised plans to expedite progress of the work. Required Skills/ Knowledge:
• Five years of relevant Management experience.
• Demonstrated experience in managing sub-contractors of various tiers and key stakeholders on projects.
• Knowledge of the specifics attendant to Design-Build projects.
• Excellent communication skills
• Able to meet deadlines and successfully handle pressures associated with site construction works
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, employees, peers and third parties.
• Ability to maintain the integrity of confidential business information.
• Working knowledge of MS Suite tools Desired Skills/ Knowledge:
• Excellent understanding of Construction and/or Project Management techniques, planning, and scheduling skills
• Demonstrated experience in construction management of rail transit systems and/or transportation systems in urban environments
• Experience working with the MBTA
• Experience with MS Project and/or Primavera P6 Scheduling tools Education:
• Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Construction Management is preferred Languages:
• English - Proficient Benefits
Hitachi Rail employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, a Retirement Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our followers!
Have a glance at our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirailsts/