Job ID: 45985
Date Posted: Oct 23, 2020
Segment: Smart Life
Business Unit: Hitachi Automotive
Company Name: Hitachi Automotive Systems Americas, Inc.
Profession (Job Category): Manufacturing
Job Type (Experience Level): Experienced
Job Schedule: Full-time
Throughout its’ history, Hitachi Automotive Systems Americas, Inc. has been synonymous with safety, quality, growth, and continuous improvement. Adhering to these core values has enabled us to succeed as a Tier 1 supplier of world-class products to the global automotive market. With five US locations and over 3,600 hard-working employees, we are dedicated to ensuring the expectations of our first-rate automotive customers are consistently exceeded.
We are currently seeking candidates for a Cycle Counter to work Day shift (Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.) at our Monroe, Georgia location. You offer us your determination and work-ethic; we offer you very competitive pay and top-notch health benefits.
The Cycle Counter performs daily cycle counts in support of business unit operations and product management responsibilities. The candidate must be an experienced user of ERP software and must have experience participating in physical inventories and or cycle counts.
Chief Duties and/or Responsibilities:
1. Prepare and maintain daily counts and supporting material.
2. Monitor the Error Log for movement errors.
3. Make adjustments to inventory as necessary, depending on value.
4. Work with warehouse to develop countermeasures for chronic errors.
5. Maintain accurate data on count activities.
6. Coordinate and participate in cycle count activities for assigned areas and investigate discrepancies in a timely manner.
7. Responsible for accurate, timely and economical inventory by achieving company inventory turn goals.
8. Responsible for identifying opportunities for continuous improvement of material processes and submitting these ideas.
9. Use company equipment/resources properly and safely and adhere to safety regulations.
10. Maintain a clean and orderly work area.
11. Perform special assignments as delegated.
Qualified Applicants will possess the following:
1. Must possess a High School Diploma or equivalent. College degree preferred.
2. Must possess a minimum of three to five years of experience in manufacturing and related plant operations including two years of experience with inventory control systems and best practices.
3. Must have ability to prioritize competing task requirements and not lose sight of all task completion.
4. Must have the ability to establish a daily routine that ensures proper follow-up of all assigned responsibilities and that efficiently executes daily task requirements
5. Must possess the ability to collect, organize and analyze information from disparate sources for decision making purposes or process improvement.
6. The ability to positively, calmly and clearly communicate with co-workers.
7. Must have high degree of motivation, ability to multi-task, be safety conscious, and detail oriented.
Some supervision of counters during inventory periods
Occasional lifting of 35lbs. doing counts of parts; repeated bending over to count parts and squeezing through small spaces (the person needs to be fit).
Minimal except for occasional training
Office and shop floor
Incomplete submissions will not be considered. Since we only hire the best and want to maintain a safe and pleasant work environment for all, final candidates are subject to drug screen and background checks. Hitachi is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V).