Working within the Project Management Office, you will be required to perform a range of duties to assist and support the Project Managers and their teams by performing the administrative and logistical tasks across the entire portfolio.
You will be required to regularly participate in project-based activities and meetings, delivering skills and services to the project teams, to support on time and high quality delivery of all project outputs.
Working alongside the project teams you will be expected to fulfil departmental duties including:
- Producing and maintaining accurate on time reports
- Tracking to ensure all projects follow applicable company processes / standards via established mechanisms and systems
- Control and recording of all project external inputs and outputs
In addition to the above duties you will also be required to perform a broad set of essential administrative functions.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Head of Projects, tasks shall include but not be limited to:
- Providing day to day support to project managers and teams within a fast paced environment
- Department level tracking of Project Configuration Management Items
- Ensure Projects are run in accordance with company governance standards as detailed in the Stage Gate Production Lifecycle model
- Maintenance of all Site System release records
- Responsibilities for collating and issuing department level reports for internal and external recipients
- Maintaining up to date records of company delivered projects
- Ensure all duties are carried out in adherence to company policies and processes
- Arranging travel and accommodation for the Project Teams
- General office duties
Achieving success in the role will be indicated by performance on tasks such as:
- Adherence to the HICSE Business Management System
- Supporting the project managers and engineers in the smooth running and delivery of multiple projects and support contracts
- Acquisition of project data (as required) including project reporting and financial management
- Assisting in all admin tasks relating to software / system releases and site visits
- Controlling of project documentation, version control and filing
- Recording of Project Configuration Management items inputs and outputs at a department level
- Administration of the Site level System and Project Configuration Management Systems including storing office copies of up to date on site backups and off-site records submittals
- Working with the Project Planner to review and audit Project Plans
- Attend stage gate meetings, review stage gate checklists and chase actions
- Complete internal audits of various internal processes including: stage gate checklists, configuration management spreadsheets, warranty fault tracking spreadsheet and others
- Approve invoices for both Projects and Engineering cost centres
- Compile weekly and monthly reports for the team and management
- Supporting other departments with admin and general office duties when approved
- General office duties include but not limited to: arranging meetings & taking minutes where necessary, ordering buffet lunches for customer visits and answering the main switchboard phone
- Collating relevant metrics (e.g. Signalling Equivalent Unit (SEU) metrics)
Key Skills and Experience
- Excellent knowledge and experience of administration and administration systems preferably within a PMO environment
- Excellent and proven computer skills including Word & Excel
- Experience with the manipulation of data and the use of formulas in Excel
- Reporting and analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interface with engineers, suppliers & customers
- Flexible, adaptable, full of enthusiasm and able to work proactively under own initiative
- Knowledge of project lifecycles would be advantageous
- Experience of Microsoft Project desirable but not essential
Training and mentoring will be provided.
Company Funded Benefits
- Market competitive salary and discretionary bonus scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement - with the option to buy up to an additional 37.5 hours per year
- A Holiday Banking scheme allowing you to bank untaken holiday to use another year
- Group Personal Pension
- Private Medical Insurance with self-funded option to increase cover to include family members
- Employee Assistance Programme available to all employees
- Personal Accident Insurance
Voluntary Benefits (funded by employee)
- Cycle To Work
- Gym Membership
- Dental Insurance with option to include dependent children
- Health screening
We have been producing industry leading software products since 2000. Our expertise lies in developing and supplying dedicated products and services, designed to improve the supervision and control of railways worldwide.
Our success lies in the strength of our relationships with our customers and with our colleagues throughout Europe. We work to meet and exceed market requirements by producing only the very best software products: on time and to the most exacting standards.
Our head office is located in Bradford on Avon, England and we have further offices in Plymouth and Derby, England.
We are always happy to hear from people who are customer focused and keen to produce high-end, added value software products.