Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value.The Role
Hitachi Vantara is seeking a highly motivated, results-oriented sales and business development professional who, as part of a broader global team, will be responsible for developing business across a range of Cloud and Managed Services providers.
The role is responsible for building a pipeline of well-defined new business sales opportunities relating to the Hitachi Vantara suite of storage solutions. The ideal candidate should demonstrate a reasonable depth of understanding of Cloud and Managed Service Providers and data centre infrastructure solutions. These are essential to the success of the role. The desired outcome is to seek new opportunities in the mid cloud and managed services market and drive significant revenue and market share growth.Responsibilities
- Reporting to the Global Cloud Partner Sales Manager, you will proactively develop sales opportunities and grow the Hitachi Vantara footprint across a series of newly qualified opportunities in the mid-market cloud service provider segment.
- Using your initiative and solution-selling experience, you will build relationships at a senior business level in order to identify customer pain points and gauge the extent to which the Hitachi Vantara solution(s) represents sound resolutions to these business challenges.
- By developing an understanding of the prospects business and Information Systems environment, identify and qualify potential additional sources of revenue for all relevant Hitachi Vantara products and services.
- Be an evangelist for the "solutions sales" approach, maximize deal size and follow on opportunities.
- Ability to probe, listen, qualify and resolve concerns or obstacles to a sale in a logical fashion, emphasizing the Hitachi Vantara solutions that will deliver maximum benefit.
- Identify key decision makers and those who influence at all levels within the account and build effective relationships using, where appropriate, Hitachi Vantara management.
- Identify potential competitive threats and take timely and effective action to minimize them.
- Develop relationships using a high level of relationship management skills that will clearly establish the strategic needs of the Service Provider and how they can be satisfied by Hitachi Vantara and sustain good business relationships over the longer term.
- Based on your thorough understanding of Cloud Partners, you will highlight relevant product and commercial offerings from the Hitachi Vantara portfolio to business departments, developing these into sound sales opportunities.
- Understanding and tracking the clients' total technology spend on Hitachi Vantara and competitor solutions.
- Plan and implement a program of account management activity and work internally within Hitachi Vantara to ensure the most effective support to optimize customer satisfaction and further develop sales opportunities.
- Develop effective networks within each prospect at all levels where most appropriate to ensure Hitachi Vantara is the principal consideration for any future systems requirements.
- Achieve all allocated objectives associated with the Hitachi Vantara sales plan currently applicable.
- Own a personal quarterly sales quota and be responsible to meet these sales objectives.
- Careful control and management of forecasting and pipeline for your allocated accounts on a monthly basis
- Maintaining knowledge of Hitachi Vantara solutions, competitive products, industry, and an in-depth understanding of the providers strategy, with the ability to help make future technology decisions.
- Develop and review with Hitachi Vantara Sales Management a territory plan to support the assigned sales objectives.
- Co-ordinate the activities of all supporting Hitachi Vantara functions within the account. You are ultimately responsible for the sales cycle from identification, qualification, sale, installation and subsequent protection and growth.
- Experience selling to a Global Systems Integrator and Cloud Service Provider is a firm requirement
- A minimum of 7+ years' experience, selling and managing high value IT and cloud programs.
- A strong track record of sales achievement in the mid-market within the new business or account management environment.
- A self-motivated professional who can work effectively without close supervision, making decisions without continual reference to your immediate manager.
- Previously worked for a technology vendor, Software or Managed Services Provider or an IT Consultancy.
- Possesses demonstrable business awareness with the ability to adopt a disciplined and commercially approach to achieving goals and objectives including the ability to create and maintain a business plan.
- A strong and confident communicator and presenter capable of developing excellent working relationships and who can sell him/herself within the company and to customers and prospects. First class verbal communications, report writing and presentation skills. Comfortable operating/presenting at senior management level.
- A self-motivated person who will be expected to work effectively without close supervision making prudent decisions without continual reference to your immediate manager. In addition, you will also be expected to maintain good communication with management.
- A well organized, adaptable and clear thinker with strong business acumen and negotiation skills
- University degree from a recognized institution is a minimum requirement.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.