Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value.The Role
The Solution Architect will be responsible for architect, design, implement, test, automate, and document Hitachi Solutions for SAP HANA Platform. The candidate will develop as well as provide ongoing recommendations and best practices to customers from both technical and operational perspectives. The solution architect will provide technical leadership by developing technical white paper and training for the delivery of the technical architectural design and strategies.Responsibilities
- Design, implement, test, and document Hitachi Converged Solutions.
- Integrate and automate installation, configuration, and tuning of SuSE and Red Hat Linux releases for Hitachi SAP HANA solutions.
- Develop and deliver test plans, lab reports, technical presentations, analyst briefings, and white papers to address various areas of Hitachi Converged Solutions.
- Deliver proof-of-concept configurations and analysis to be demonstrated and presented to customers and Hitachi Vantara internal personnel.
- Support, assist, and consult with all levels of HDS, including Account Executives, Product Management, Product Marketing, Product Support, VP, etc, through delivery of technical presentations and reports.
- Responsible for ongoing recommendations and best practices for Hitachi Converged Solutions around business continuity, high availability, backup, recovery, and archiving.
- Responsible for ongoing solution lifecycle management of configuration and software stack of UCP solution infrastructure.
- Interface with SAP Product Management, Engineering teams, Lab teams.
- 3 years of experience in design, implement, test, and package of complex converged solutions.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience working in Linux/Unix environments.
- Linux knowhow, ideally but not necessarily SuSE or RedHat Linux.
- Ability to understand the infrastructure hardware and software requirements around SAP systems and databases.
- Understanding of virtualized environments, vSphere or Kubernetes is a plus.
- Scripting/programming skill in Python is a plus.
- Hands on experience with blade or rack-mount servers or Hitachi server is a plus.
- Hands on experience with Hitachi storage or with IBM/HP/EMC/NetApp storage is a plus.
- Ability to set up HANA, Oracle, DB2, MySQL, or PostgreSQL database for development - testing.
- Requires a BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience in open systems hardware and software and networking infrastructure.
- A team player and fast technology learner is a must.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Excellent problem solver and ability to work independently.
- Ability to understand new technology and get an understanding of what is required to integrate it into existing solutions or develop new solutions based on this technology.
- Excellent internal and external customer skills. Possess the ability to work and communicate with the senior technical and executive levels including consultants, SE, DSM, PM, VP, etc.
- Possess the ability to work and communicate with the senior technical and executive levels including consultants, SEs, DSMs, PMs, VPs, and customers.
- Possess the ability to work on extremely complex problems where analysis of situations or conditions requires an evaluation of intangible variance factors with solutions in the $100K to $20M spectrum.
- Exercises independent judgment in developing methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results and formatting these results in such a way as to benefit the corporation's customers, partners, sales, revenue, and overall profit.
- Ability to justify and quantify findings and analysis where decisions would impact customers, partners, sales, revenue, and profit, as well as, Hitachi Vantara' reputation.
- Leadership and project management roles will be assigned for tasks and projects as required.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.