Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value.The Role
Solution Architect will be responsible for architecture, design, implementation, and packaging of Hitachi Analytics Infrastructure solutions with a focus on Hadoop, NoSQL, AI ML/DL, and distributed database software. The candidate will work on developing the solutions as well as training the Go-To-Market teams for the delivery and support of the solutions to Hitachi Vantara customers.Responsibilities
- Plan, design, implement, and support Hitachi Analytics Infrastructure solutions in the lab.
- Develop and deliver test plans, lab reports, technical presentations, and white papers to promote the Hitachi Vantara solutions.
- Deliver proof-of-concept configurations and analysis to be demonstrated and presented to customers and Hitachi Vantara internal personnel.
- Support, assist, and consult with all levels of Hitachi Vantara, including Account Executives, Product Management, Product Marketing, Product Support, VP, etc, through delivery of technical presentations and reports.
- 3 years of experience in designing and building complex integrated solutions.
- 5+ years of experience working in Linux/Unix environments.
- Good understanding of Hadoop Ecosystem (Hadoop/HDFS, Hive, Spark, Kafka, MapReduce, Yarn, etc.)
- At least one of the following
- Good understanding of NoSQL database such as Splunk, MongoDB, Cassandra, and HBase
- Good understanding of AI Machine Learning / Deep Learning hardware and software
- Linux Operating system installation, configuration, networking, etc. is a must
- Development experience with Python and UNIX shell scripting is a plus
- System testing experience is a plus
- VMware, Kubernetes, or other virtualization technology experience is a plus
- Good hardware knowledge and hands-on experience in servers, storage arrays, NAS filers, and IP - SAN switches are a plus
- A team player and fast technology adoption is a must.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent problem solver and ability to work independently.
- Excellent internal and external customer skills. Possess the ability to work and communicate with the senior technical and executive levels including consultants, SE, DSM, PM, VP, etc.
- Possess the ability to work on extremely complex problems where analysis of situations or conditions requires an evaluation of intangible variance factors with solutions in the $100K to $20M spectrum.
- Exercises independent judgment in developing methods, techniques, and evaluation criterion for obtaining results and formatting these results in such a way as to benefit the corporation's customers, partners, SALES, REVENUE, and overall PROFIT.
- Ability to justify and quantify findings and analysis where decisions would impact customers, partners, SALES, REVENUE, and PROFIT, as well as, Hitachi Vantara's reputation.
- Leadership and project management roles will be assigned for tasks and projects as required.
- Requires a BS degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related field.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.