Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value.The Role
We are seeking a Product Manager to help manage the business aspects of our power products in the storage and hardware market. Responsibilities:
1. Assist Senior Product Manager with managing entire lifecycle of selected products in Hitachi Vantara product portfolio. This includes, but is not limited to, pricing, marketing, messaging, packaging, support planning and reporting. - 10%
2. Support Senior Product Manager with developing product positioning, training aids, product specifications, whitepapers and other collateral in collaboration with marketing, sales, engineering and other cross-functional teams. - 10%
3. Collect, assess, and calculate rack spacing and power requirements to support data center infrastructure (DCI) products at customer-site installations. - 20%
4. Work with Product Support organization to ensure support readiness of the assigned product, and gather information to improve serviceability and reliability of the products. - 5%
5. Manage all Go-to-Market (GTM) activities for assigned product, upgrades, revisions and coordinate with all impacted groups. - 20%
6. Gather feature/functionality/interoperability requirements from customers and sales teams and prioritize for Technology Partner or Supplier companies - 15%
7. Develop and maintain infrastructure to make it easy for the Sales Channels to sell the product. Work with Inventory Accounting and Configuration Planning teams for cost-of-good (COG) and bill-of-material (BOM) updates. - 10%
8. Perform other duties as assigned by Senior Product Manager or team leader. -10%
1. BS degree, preferably in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Compute Science or Business Administration. 1 - 2 year experience or a higher degree a plus.
2. Course work in power ratings, rack structures, programming, computer networks.
3. Knowledge of Multi-protocol storage and networks; racks, PDU, power requirement calculations required.
4. Experience with VMware, Linux OS and Microsoft Office Products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
5. Self-starter with demonstrated capability to work in fast-paced, dynamic environment. Good communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written; ability to learn quickly, results orientated, team player, with high professional standards and work ethic.
Position is based in the United States. Ability to travel about 5% of the time. Errors have a high impact on product margin, sales and supportability of the product.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.