Are you looking for opportunities to work on high profile rail projects and advanced technology alongside experts from the UK, Europe and Japan? Come and join the fastest growing rail business in the world!
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signalling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions. We are working to Inspire the Next – and this is your chance to be part of it.
Your new role
In this exciting new role, based at our state of the art facility in Newton Aycliffe, you will responsible for preparing, developing and analysing key financial information to ensure that an organisation’s management makes well-informed decisions to ensure future stability, growth and profitability. This position is on a fixed term contract for 12 months.
Specifically, you will be responsible for the following deliverables:
- Provide accurate and perceptive management reporting including month end pack, forecast, external and internal KPIs, balance sheet reconciliations, headcount actual and forecast
- Develop robust, project view of materials consumption and labour hours impacting EAC, utilising efficient methods
- Interpretation of key trends and highlight any areas for action (positive and negative)
- Lead investigations into financial irregularities/variances and where appropriate, make corrective actions and report back to the head of department
- Finalisation of monthly management information for departmental heads including deep analytical review of key variances to budget and midterm.
- Provide insightful and meaningful variances to support communication to the wider business on NAY performance
- Business partnering with departmental heads including advising on budgets and forecasts and providing recommendations to budget holders to identify cost savings.
- Provide support to budget holders with overhead control through constant review, feedback and presentation and ensure internal processes are adhered to.
- Strive towards achieving embedded rate reductions for NAY (productivity)
- Challenge cost proposal from budget holders,
- Business partnering to set and drive towards headcount required target
Materials & Inventory
- Ensure the accuracy of materials allocated to the various projects/production orders via material variance reporting to the operation team management highlighting any issues and corrective action where appropriate
- Ensure the site inventory is accurately reflected at all times through data interrogation, verification, reporting and liaising with site warehouse and operation teams.
- Forecast site inventory to ensure that inventory levels are controlled across the site and remain within acceptable levels
- Liaising with the finance department of our overseas sister plants in reporting of site KPI’s and carrying out cost benchmarking exercises.
- Work with the Financial Controller and Operations team in the development and ongoing reporting of daily/weekly & periodic KPI’s
Budgeting & Forecasting
- Preparation of site budget (OPEX circa £60m) with appropriate commentary and deep understanding of key drivers.
- Ownership of Capital Budget ~5year outlook. Business partnering with relevant individuals to ensure accurate position is known and opportunities are highlighted.
- Productivity is incorporated into NAY rate
- Preparation of options, where required, for supporting strategic decision making by Exec
System, Processes & Control
- Strive to develop efficient and effective methods of working throughout the team and wider business
- Monitor and evaluate financial information systems and suggesting improvements where needed.
- Monitor and improve internal controls
- Ensure that all financial transactions are processed in a timely manner
- Provide effective records and audit trail of financial transactions of the Newton Aycliffe manufacturing site to meet commercial and statutory requirements
- Undertake stock and fixed asset audits throughout the financial year to ensure record accuracy
Balance Sheet Responsibility
- Balance sheet reconciliations to agreed deadlines with associated actions
- Understand cash impact of financial undertakings at site
- Accurately report stock position for site and project, understanding drivers of movements and delta to forecast
- Maintain accurate fixed asset records so that the company is able to meet the needs of internal and external stakeholders
- Ensure J-Sox Compliance
- Ensure job cover is in place throughout the team.
- Review rotation of tasks, to ensure self-development and prevent role fatigue
- Develop Assistant Accountant understanding and support their development in all Management Accounts areas.
- Conduct 1-2-1 sessions with Assistant Accountants monthly to ensure development is on track
- Educate non-finance managers on key areas such as Earned Value etc
- Foster an open, engaging and honest environment within the team, where respectful challenge and mutual support is commonplace
- Develop working relationship with wider Finance function, including Project finance, FP&A, Financial Control and colleagues in other manufacturing facilities globally
- Liaise with colleagues, including non-finance staff, around the business for any day to day or adhoc issues including the provision of information into project financial controllers
- Providing cover for the Financial Controller when not on site.
- To undertake any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as may be required.
Culture & Values
- To be aware of and actively promote and implement Hitachi’s ethos, culture and values.
- To be involved in Hitachi Rail Europe’s staff development and training and participate in PDP procedures.
- To adhere to the Hitachi Rail Europe’s Equal Opportunities Policy.
- To comply with and implement Hitachi Rail Europe’s Health and Safety policy.
Applicants should be able to demonstrate all of the Essential Requirements listed below
- Extensive experience of working in a manufacturing environment
- SAP FI/CO
- Experience of staff supervision
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Commitment to working as part of a team
- An understanding of health and safety requirements of a working environment
towards a recognised finance accredited qualification, preferably CIMA
Why Hitachi Rail Limited?
Hitachi Rail you will find a passionate and collaborative environment. We
operate according to our values of Harmony, Sincerity and Pioneering Spirit. As
such, we work closely as a team and empower our colleagues to take ownership
and become creative in our pursuit of excellence. We take pride in the
contribution we make to society and we always act with integrity and fairness
towards our customers, suppliers and colleagues.
We offer a competitive salary and annual leave
entitlement as well as a generous benefits package. This includes a pension
scheme with contributions up to 9%, health insurance, and many more perks for
you to choose from within a flexible plan that will meet your specific needs
you like the sound of the above and feel energised by the idea of joining a
great brand at a moment of exciting expansion, please apply now. We look
forward to hearing from you!
date for applications is 4th November 2020