Job description Hitachi Rail
is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Principal Quality Assurance Engineer
who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Batesburg, SC. Who We Are
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signaling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions. Accountabilities:
• Ensure the implementation and optimization of standard Supply Chain Quality procedures in the assigned geographical area (also proposing continuous improvements)
• Coordinate a team of 10+ resources (Quality Inspectors and Quality Control resources) that are accountable of
o Inspect raw materials and finished products utilizing the latest revision of the top assembly and parts drawings, bill of material, material specifications and workmanship standards to assure compliance to engineering standards and Purchase Order requirements.
o Make Accept/Reject /Derogation decisions
o Perform First Articles Inspection (FAI)/Factory Acceptance Test (FAT) in factory or at suppliers premises.
o Issue Quality Notification (QN) to suppliers and track corrective actions from line issues or incoming inspection.
• Work directly with suppliers to continuously improve the quality of the product and process.
• Ensure yearly forecast of workloads, headcount and skill requirements on the assigned region for Supply Chain Quality team
• Define staff training needs identification and training plan implementation
• Propose the budget figures on Indirect costs and Capex for the assigned geographical area and ensure regular reporting for indirect costs and capex (i.e. actual, spent categories, forecast, etc.) relevant to Supply Chain Quality
• Ensure the opening and the monitoring of QNs
• Ensure the efficient application, measurement and monitoring of supplier performances and KPIs. Requirements:
• 7-10 years of expertise in Quality and/or Supply Chain and/or Manufacturing (experience in Rail industry is considered a plus)
• Knowledge of main quality standards and certifications
• Able of reading and interpreting engineering drawings/specifications and bills of material
• Familiar with inspection methods
• Knowledge of production processes
• Familiar with machine electronics / mechanics shop environment
• Expert in interacting with suppliers or manufacturing/production referents to create root-cause corrective measure plans mitigating nonconformities.
• Continuous improvement oriented
• Good relationship/team mindset/open minded
• Ability of interacting with different type of internal and external stakeholders (External Suppliers, Manufacturing, Controlling, Procurement, Engineering, etc)
• Ability to manage people
• Ability to work in an international team environment
• Knowledge of main SAP transactions for part lookups, BOM, QN is considered a plus Desired Skills:
• Bachelor Degree preferred Education:
• High School/GED required Languages:
• English Proficiency Benefits
Hitachi Rail employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, a Retirement Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our followers!
Have a glance at our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirailsts/