Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value.The Role
Hitachi Vantara is one of the global leaders of data-driven solutions for commercial and industrial enterprises. Within the Technical Publications group, our goal is to provide an information experience that allows our users to learn and use our products quickly and easily. Easy-to-follow user documentation, including contextual help, videos, and digital media, is a big part in our user's learning, and we're constantly transforming the way our customers view content by investing in researching content consumer preferences and latest content delivery and digital media technology trends.
We're looking for a highly motivated information developer to work with our Cloud Services teams to create product documentation.Responsibilities
- Confer with subject matter experts including Software Developers, Product Managers, Support, and Sales to establish technical specifications and use cases to determine subject matter to be developed for publication.
- Research, gather, and analyze data from multiple sources (subject matter experts, product managers) to develop content.
- Develop information development and publishing strategies aligned with the department standards as well as to meet project-specific requirements by consulting with the Technical Publications leadership team and the cross-functional product team.
- Develop world-class product information with simple and concise English by organizing ideas and translating complex technical terms into information any reader (both native and non-native English readers) can understand.
- Clarifying terminology and work with software developers for achieve consistencies in the product and documentation.
- Work with the Product Design (UX) team to define voice and the tone of the product with emphasis on grammatical accuracy.
- Participate in all feature sprints, print retro, and planning meetings.
- Participate in product design reviews. Review product design and UI and revise UI messages.
- Manage and lead multiple assignments simultaneously, while working independently and with other writers.
- Complete writing assignments according to set standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style, and terminology.
- Develop scripts (narrations) for how-to and feature videos by working with the cross-functional team (Dev, PM, Marketing, Sales, Video Producer) and orchestrate a video development project.
- Proactively seek solicit feedback from internal and external readers. Analyze and prioritize technical feedback from various audiences and drive necessary changes into documentation or products.
- Be an active member of the user forum (Hitachi Vantara Community) to monitor discussions, respond to questions, and bring feedback into the dev.
- BA/BS degree in English, Journalism, Computer Science, or other relevant fields.
- Experience working with a US based, multi-national company.
- An organized self-starter with a strong bias for action and the ability to work with cross-functional teams with interpersonal communication skills, particularly where technical information must be conveyed in a clear way.
- Strong technical aptitude to learn products by hands-on experience.
- Must have excellent writing skills, 7+ years of experience in Cloud-computing, containers, and orchestration technologies. Writing samples required.
- Direct experience documenting APIs; experience with REST APIs a plus. Experience with API tools, such as Swagger.
- Proficiency in DITA, XML, MS Visio, and Adobe Acrobat is a must. Strong understanding of topic-based authoring and reusable information architecture is a must.
- Proficiency in SDL Tridion Docs (formally SDL Content Architect) or another Component Content Management System (CCMS) is a must.
- Proficiency in these technologies/tools:
- Cloud platforms (AWS, GCP, Microsoft Azure)
- Technical expertise in at least one type of cloud computing-IaaS, SaaS, or PaaS
Writing samples required.
- Kubernetes certification is a plus.
- Experience with Agile processes and tools, such as JIRA and Confluence is a must.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.