Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value.
Pentaho is looking for a talented Software Development Manager with technical experience in a scrum development environment. This individual must have great success leading development teams of Software Engineers. The responsibility of the Software Development Manager is to focus on development process and people, guiding teams to track and deliver to the roadmaps set by engineering leadership and product management.
This position requires excellent technical team leadership skills. We are looking for a Software Development Manager who is passionate about leading, growing teams and delivering quality product, and truly enjoys what they do.
Pentaho works in an agile/scrum environment with daily standups, code reviews as well as constant communication within each self-managed cross-functional team. The ability to communicate effectively with Software Engineers, Product Owners, QA, and Technical Writers, as well as work closely with other team members are key components for success in this position.
• Provide leadership and guidance to coach, motivate, and lead team members to their optimum performance levels and career development
• Help developers resolve both technical problems as well as human resource issues
• Mentor and monitor individual team member's skills and performance
• Collaborate with Software Developers in determining best practices and development standards
• Assist in both sprint and release planning
• Perform metrics analysis and reporting on matters related to the software development process and team members
• 4-year University degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related field
• Overall 12 + years of experience with Minimum of 3 years of management experience in a software development organization
• Minimum of 5 years of experience working through the software development lifecycle
• Strong leadership, mentoring, project management, time management, and problem solving skills
• Experience with Object Oriented software development concepts, principles, and best practices
• Experience with unit, integration, and automated testing as well as metrics reporting
• Experience with relational databases and web application servers
• Experience with the Scrum development methodology and Agile practices
• Experience with both Windows and Linux operating systems
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in a team environment
• Experience with Data Integration / ETL and Big Data concepts
• Knowledge of Business Intelligence concepts including ETL, OLAP, and Operational Reporting
• Experience with modular software and services management frameworks such as OSGi and Spring
• Experience in large-scale distributed systems and all things containerization
• Familiar with the inner workings of Docker containers with Kubernetes
• Familiar with cloud native platform like AWS, Azure GCP Services.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.