Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value.The Role
Hitachi Vantara is looking for a motivated hands-on Technical Product Owner responsible for working with cross-functional teams to drive the direction and release of our state-of-the-art scalable IOT framework. In this role, you will engage with other Hitachi Vantara product teams, Architects and Leadership to define and prioritize requirements for our Engineering Team. You will be responsible for managing the Engineering Team Backlog and working in an Agile environment to drive features to release for other teams. The successful candidate will have initiative to dig in and solve complex problems, positive work attitude in a team environment and desire to quickly understand numerous cutting-edge container cloud technologies.Responsibilities
• Drive an agile software development process incorporating user experience, software engineering, and cross-functional stakeholders to deliver on product and technology roadmap and strategy.
• Lead and work with stakeholders, Product Management, Architects and Leadership to provide vision, plan road maps and gather requirements for our Sprint Teams.
• Condense requirements into a prioritized backlog consisting of epics and stories for Sprint Teams to work on.
• Lead Sprint Teams in grooming backlog stories and epics.
• Collaborate with Engineering teams to deliver high-quality scalable platforms to our Hitachi Vantara teams.
• Be the "face of the product" for our scalable, containerized platform. Evangelize our platform and its technology to internal Development teams.
• Manage our "Community" website and contribute content for each release.
• Own and prioritize the short-term roadmap for MVPs and release.
• Lead release and sprint planning, forecasting resource capacity, and estimate development efforts discussions.Qualifications
• A minimum of 7 years' experience in Technical Product Owner/Management and/or software development on large scale, SAAS/PAAS applications.
• Possess experience in building full stack web applications with emphasis on Micro-Services architecture, containers, Kubernetes, RESTful services.
• Passion and thirst for knowledge of back-end services, cloud technologies and scalable container software.
• Understanding of various cloud services from Amazon, Google and Microsoft.
• Tech savvy, detail oriented, and highly driven TEAM player.
• Experience with Docker containers.
• Experience with Linux environments (Fedora, Ubuntu, CentOS).
• An understanding and strong practice in Agile methodologies.
• Experience with build/automation tools such as Git and Jenkins.
• Excellent communication and inter-personal skills.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.