BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or equivalent.
Advanced Degree is a plus MSEE.
- MUST be U.S. Citizen or Green Card Holder due to U.S. Government laws regarding R&D.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in electrical controls requirements, analysis, design, development, integration, and testing. Experience working for a global manufacturer in the compressor or industrial machinery industries is highly desired. (Three Phase Circuit Design, SAE J1939, UL508A, CSA, NEC, CE).
Knowledge of rotary screw compressor systems and requirements is highly desired. Familiarity with CAGI (Compressed Air & Gas Institute) standards is a plus.
- Solid knowledge of embedded C programing for microcontrollers is required. Highly desired: ARM Cortex-M4, STM32F4 series, Keil µVision IDE and MDK.
- Solid knowledge of microcontroller fundamentals such as GPIO, ADC, DAC, PWM, Timers, Interrupts, Watchdog, DMA, I2C, SPI, UART/USART, etc.
- Experience with advanced protocols such as USB, Ethernet TCP/IP, Modbus RTU via RS-232 and RS-485, Modbus TCP, CAN bus, etc.
Experience using debugging tools for embedded systems and tools for static code analysis such as PC-Lint is desired.
Experience in Linux and RTOS is desirable.
Board bring up is experience is a plus.
Knowledge of electronics and PCB design to facilitate new designs with third-party partners.
- Source code version control system experience is desired– Subversion/SVN/Tortoise SVN is a plus.
- MS Visual Studio C# experience is a plus.
Strong background in integrating hardware and software, using basic electrical and software tools and test equipment: schematics, oscilloscope, multimeter, soldering iron, etc.
- Self-driven professional able to plan/prioritize workload without direct guidance or direction from management to meet project/program time constraints with history of driving results.
- Exceptional comprehension of interactions between sub-systems, and components. Extensive experience with understanding and troubleshooting compressor and/or industrial machinery operating and control problems is desired.
- Strong working knowledge of electrical and controls applications for electric motor application.
- PLM system experience is desired. Teamcenter NX experience for ECO release is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Proven ability to effectively interact and liaise with staff at all levels in a very diverse environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work very effectively within a team/cross functional teams and meet deadlines without sacrificing quality. Able to successfully manage multiple projects/programs simultaneously.
- Ability to sit at a desk for long periods of time while performing design work on a computer. Lab work on R&D machines will be required during associated project phases.
- Ability to travel occasionally as needed to support business needs – anticipate less than 5%.
The successful candidate is responsible for complying with Sullair’s Code of Ethics and related policies. In performing the job, the incumbent shall take all steps necessary to comply with our safety rules and requirements and must actively support the organization's efforts to meet and exceed its goals of creating and maintaining a safe workplace.
This description is to serve as a guide. It is intended to be flexible and will continue to evolve over time with business needs and demands and may be updated periodically and at the Company's discretion.
Sullair is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate based on race, religion, color, age, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, veteran status, physical or mental disability, or other protected categories under applicable law, whether in recruitment, employment, promotion, transfer, compensation, or other conditions of employment.