The Ultrasound Clinical Applications Specialist has the overall responsibility for providing excellent customer service along with clinical and technical expertise in the demonstration and training of Hitachi Healthcare Americas ultrasound equipment. This position assists in the sales process through product demonstrations and supports Hitachi Healthcare America’s goals in all interactions with customers. Additionally, the Ultrasound Clinical Applications Specialist is called upon to support luminary accounts and to provide training and support to fellow Applications Specialists, including new hires, as needed.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Operation and demonstration of the Hitachi ultrasound system(s), in a clinical setting, for sales demonstrations.
- Provide customer training and installation of Hitachi systems at new customer accounts.
- Provide continuing clinical and product support to the Hitachi customer base as required.
- Provide clinical training and support at Hitachi liminary physician accounts.
- Provide general clinical and product application support to the Hitachi sales and marketing team.
- Professionally represent the company and demonstrate the features, benefits and clinical applications of Hitachi’s products at trade shows.
- Develop, recommend and implement product demonstration strategies.
- Collect clinical images appropriate for use in sales promotional materials.
- Support Service product troubleshooting in situations where product and clinical expertise is required to determine whether a customer problem is in the operation of the system (operator error) or by being the authority to judge if a system is up to a reasonable expectation of that particular Hitachi model’s performance.
- Provide support in the clinical evaluations of new products or new product technologies.
- Learn and maintain expert level knowledge of Hitachi’s product features, operation and application.
- Keep current on latest practices, uses and innovations in the Diagnostic Ultrasound field
- Extensive travel is required
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum Associates Degree in Diagnostic Medical Sonography from an accredited school with a bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience as a registered sonographer working within a clinical, university or academic institution.
- Previous commercial experience is desirable.
- RDMS certification required. Multi-specialties required include OB/GYN, Abdomen and Vascular.
- RVT is desirable.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
- Usual office and clinical working conditions.
- Ability to travel extensively
- Ability to use personal, public and air transportation as needed.
- Pushing/Pulling: This activity occurs occasionally. It occurs primarily with the pushing/pulling of ultrasound systems, which are on wheels and weigh approximately 200-250 pounds. Pushing distances are typically approximately 12 inches to several yards.
- Has sufficient sight to observe to adequately view sonograms, and to distinguish different colors.
- Has sufficient hearing to respond to and interact with those involved in demos, training, etc. Has the ability to distinguish audible sounds of the equipment, such as Doppler.
- Has full use of hands, wrists, and shoulders; can extend the hands and arms in any direction up to 3-4 feet above the head; Seize, hold, grasp, turn and otherwise work with both hands; Pick, pinch, twist or otherwise work with wrists and fingers of both hands.
- Bend and stoop routinely.
- Have the verbal and written skills sufficient to respond promptly in communications with co-workers, customers, etc.
- Knowledge of PACS systems.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Customer service driven.
- A valid driver’s license with a safe driving record is required.
- Access to a national credit card for reimbursable business expenses.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.The Essential Functions and Responsibilities outlined represent typical duties required of the job. The Company will make every effort to reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job at Hitachi, please send the nature of request and contact information to [email protected]
Queries other than accommodation requests will not be responded to.