Job description HITACHI RAIL
is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated HSE Area Manager who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Pittsburgh, PA. Who We Are Hitachi Rail
is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signalling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions. Accountabilities:
- • Establish, document, implement, maintain and continually improve the HSE Management System implemented of multiple locations in compliance with International Standards, IMS and Local Procedures;
• Ensure the implementation of the activities in compliance with HSE Policies, HSE Legislative requirements and the HSE Management System.
• Ensure the implementation of the HSE hazard identification, risk assessment and determination of necessary controls measures;
• Ensure the implementation of HSE Compliance Legislative Audit in relation to the annual schedule;
• Develop the HSE Programs for the achieving of the planned HSE Objectives and Targets;
• Ensure HSE Local Communication, Participation and Consultation;
• Ensure the identification of the HSE training needs and the implementation of the necessary HSE training program in cooperation with HR Department;
• Ensure the identification of emergency situation and the management procedure for response;
• Ensure the monitoring, reporting and communication of the HSE performance and provide recommendations and solutions in case of negative trends;
• Ensure that all HSE accidents and incidents are reported, investigated and analyzed at the purpose to learn from incidents;
• Ensure that nonconformities are identified and corrective/preventive actions are taken into account to mitigate it and avoid the recurrence;
• Participate in annual internal/external HSE Audits;
• Ensure that working areas are inspected on regular base in compliance with local legislation and HSE Management System;
• Participate to the annual management review meetings.
• Support environmental management and corporate sustainability Initiative.
• Bachelor's Degree in Occupational Health, Safety and/or Environment Management
• 5+ Years of Manufacturing Experience
• Communication, presentation and training Development and Delivery Experience
• Experience integrating into functional teams and engaging stakeholders from across all disciplines in the HSE Program
• Comprehensive knowledge of OSHA Regulations
• Implementing programs and policies within ISO 14001 and 45001 Certified Organizations
• Demonstrated ability to inspect and evaluate workplace environments, equipment, and practices for compliance with corporate and legislative requirements, standards, and regulations.
• Highly developed interpersonal skills to establish and maintain effective working relationships and promote a harmonious safety environment.
• Ability to complete written reports and electronic communications expeditiously and with a high-degree of accuracy and professionalism.
• Computer proficiency with a strong knowledge of PCs and software applications related to the work, such as MS Office, Word, Excel, Access, SharePoint, etc.
• A valid Driver's License
• Demonstrated ability to identify and take action on safety-related issues, conduct root cause and incident
• Ability to travel within the US
• Master's Degree in Environmental Sciences
• Accreditation by the Board of Certified Safety Professionals (BCSP) as a Certified Safety Professional (CSP)
• OSHA 500 Authorized Outreach Trainer Designation
• Lead ISO 14001 and 45001 Auditor Certification
• Experience developing and implementing internal auditing programs
• Experience with Electrical Safety & Standards (e.g. NFPA 70E)
• Rail Industry experience a plus
• Bachelor's Degree
• English Proficiency
Hitachi Rail employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our followers!
Have a glance at our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirailsts/