Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value.The Role
We are seeking Salesforce Technical Lead in Mexico City. The Salesforce Technical Lead will play a technical leadership role within the Business Applications Team at Hitachi Vantara. In this role, you will be responsible for working with business analysts, developers, and stakeholders to implement, integrate and maintain the Salesforce.com CRM solution. In addition to coding and development activities, you will play a critical role in various aspects of the Salesforce.com integration and implementation including architecture, design, system testing, and user acceptance testing. You will lead documenting technical requirements, architecture, design, deployment, and integration of the Salesforce.com solution. You will guide and mentor developers and always communicate closely with the cross functional delivery teams, keeping stakeholders informed of technical progress and risks.
You have a passion for staying abreast of latest technologies, especially new releases from Salesforce and be able to thrive in a dynamic, fast changing environment, without losing sight of core processes around development and delivery. You can work on and balance multiple high priority items at the same time.
You have strong experience and technical expertise on the SFDC technology platform, API integrations, and web application development. You can use judgment, creativity, and strong technical knowledge to resolve the roadblocks and provide innovative solutions to new challenges in a fast-paced environment. You strive to design and deliver solutions using standard functionality instead of custom solutions to the extent possible.Responsibilities
- Establish vision and standards for the development and integration of the Salesforce.com solution
- Provide leadership to onshore and offshore delivery teams in design, code, unit test, system test, performance test, debug, implement, and support of Salesforce.com application and integrations.
- Conduct code reviews and provide guidance to developers on best practices
- Manage project scope and deliverables according to the dates and milestones established
- Work with the architecture team to evaluate new Salesforce.com application technologies and features to determine the usefulness and applicability to the organization
- Lead cross-functional team meetings and planning sessions with internal stakeholders and external vendors
- Participate in workshops, design and communicate technical solutions, and build prototypes and POCs
- Estimate the development efforts for projects
- Facilitate operations meetings, providing updates on project status, issues, risks, escalations, and change requests
- Coordinate with 3rd party vendors on application support issues, defects, and enhancements
- Track change requests and determine impacts to timeline, resources, and project cost before aligning on next steps
- Manage contractors who might join team from time to time to augment capacity or skill sets
- Work with Release Management and QA teams to develop best in class processes
- Assist in resource allocation and planning through project planning, staff hiring, staff supplementation and/or outsourcing initiatives
- Minimum 8 years of development experience
- Experience using Apex and Visualforce
- Experience building integrations with Salesforce and 3rd-party applications
- In-depth knowledge of Salesforce SOAP API, REST API, and BULK API
- 2+ years of experience in another programming language, preferably Java, Go, Python, Node, or C# (Full stack experience is a huge plus)
- Proficiency with development tools, including Eclipse IDE, Git, etc.
- Experience leading development teams as a lead engineer including offshore teams
- Experience delivering software projects using Agile methodology
- Experience with project issue and tracking tools such as JIRA
- Knowledge of all phases of software development including requirements/story gathering, analysis, solution design, development, testing (unit, integration, end-to-end user), implementation, and support
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and leadership skills
- Good understanding of Sales and Services business processes
- Ability to work independently
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, BSEE, MIS or a related field
- SFDC Certification (Salesforce Certified Administrator and Salesforce Certified Platform Developer II)
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.