Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value.The Role
Job Title: Renewal Sales Specialist
Reporting To: Senior Manager, Renewal Sales APAC
Location: APAC/Kuala Lumpur
The Renewal Sales Specialist is responsible for driving renewal business and meeting intake and/or revenue targets for all annuity renewals within an assigned geography or customer base. The Renewal Specialist will maintain a solid understanding of the Hitachi Vantara Services portfolio and renewals process, and collaborate with the Sales team on sales strategies, identifying sales opportunities, and generating services quotes in order to drive the renewal rate. The Renewal Specialist will work directly with customers and Customer Service - Support staff to identify service needs and qualify customers for potential up-sell opportunities. The Renewal Specialist will communicate with a variety of end users including IT, Procurement, C-level executives, and other key decision makers as designated in support of the renewals process and uncovering areas of potential value add. Interactions may include participation in cross-functional meetings, and supplying ongoing support as needed.Job Responsibilities
• Meet and/or exceed quarterly targets for bookings, on-time renewals and overall renewals.
• Manage the opportunity pipeline from week to week while providing accurate and timely updates to management on progress and outlook on the renewal forecast.
• Quoting customers 180 days prior to contract expiration so that all customer accounts are resolved prior to the expiration date.
• Develop a deep expertise and understanding of Hitachi Vantara's Maintenance and Support Programs, Software License Agreements, Service Terms - Conditions, service offerings, and services pricing and negotiating renewals.
• Research customer contracts and purchasing history in Hitachi Vantara's various customer management systems in order to create timely and accurate renewal quotations for the strategic enterprise accounts.
• Engage with Business Development teams in the field, end users, distributors and resellers to present renewals quotations and respond to questions.
• Engage with, drive and motivate account managers, customer relationship managers, partner managers and partners to assist in driving renewals to conclusion.
• Ability to work cross-functionally with business partners in sales, legal, finance, etc. to resolve issues raised by customers.Primary Qualifications and Experience
• Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Marketing, IT or related field highly desirable
• Experience Required: Minimum 2-4 Years working in renewals / insides sales. A working background in Information Technology (IT) industry is preferred
• Strong numeracy skills, including intermediate or better familiarity with Microsoft Excel
• Strong written and spoken English/ Chinese (Mandarin and Cantonese)
• Experience in operating in an (external) customer facing environment (telephone/email based)
• Strong proficiency with computers (Microsoft Office, Microsoft Excel, Oracle, Siebel)
• Be an independent "self-starter" who's able to take charge of the role, scope and commence projects
• Must have the flexibility to work overtime during quarter-ends when needed
• Hands on experience with industry standard CRM applications a plus (Salesforce.com
, Siebel Systems, etc.)Skills and Attributes
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage short-term/long-term projects
• Detail oriented - with the ability to deep dive into data to ensure accuracy
• Work with little supervision on a day-to-day basis
• Sense of urgency and ability to set and then meet expectations
• Passion for doing things the right way
• Respect for peers and a desire to be a part of a team
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.