Job description Hitachi Rail
is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Technical Bid Analyst
who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Pittsburgh, PA. Who We Are
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signaling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions. Accountabilities:
• Perform OS&M bid technical requirements analysis and allocation
• Develop bid technical documentation relevant to operation, maintenance and warranty support and/or any kind of service relevant to OS&M business
• Coordinate all the technical proposal documentation relevant to OS&M offers
• Estimate all OS&M technical costs in terms of manpower, materials, subcontracts, auxiliary expenses etc
• Estimate all technical risks with support of Operations department
• Coordinate with Operations referent for validation of input for technical cost estimation and technical proposal
• Collect and consolidate input for cost estimation from staff functions Requirements:
• Over 3 years of experience in a similar role
• Knowledge of O&M principles such as Maintenance planning, maintenance strategies, O&M organizations standard profiles, spare parts stock dimensioning and materials management
• Knowledge of Economic principles/bidding process such as requirements management, cost estimation, technical coordination.
• Knowledge of Rail environment : knowledge of different technologies/subsystems characterizing rail environment, usual stakeholders and relevant role Desired Skills:
• Previous experience in complex bids managing requirements analysis and allocation, being in charge of cost estimation and coordinating technical deliverables
• Previous experience in Operation and Maintenance (involvement into mobilization process and or O&M operations/engineering activities)
• Previous experience in Rail projects/bids
• Knowledge of a language other than English.
• Skills in cost modelling Education:
• Bachelor Degree, BSc Engineering preferred Languages:
• English Proficiency Benefits
Hitachi Rail employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, a Retirement Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our followers!
Have a glance at our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirailsts/