Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value.The Role
- Working in a 24x7 global operations team environment, the Technical Compute Engineer will require extensive Infrastructure experience and deep technical expertise in solutions such as vSphere, NSX, vRealize Automation, vRealize Orchestrator, vRealize Operations, VMware SRM, and Hyper Converged platforms.
- Typical responsibilities for this position include design, deployment, maintenance and continuous improvement of the virtualized infrastructure.
- Implement and manage efficient end-to-end solutions
- Independently lead the support of virtualized solutions to include hardware platforms, vSphere, services, and operating systems
- Support multiple technical teams in 24 x 7 environment operational environments with high uptime requirements including on call support.
- Minimum of a Diploma, Engineering or any degree
- 3+ years on managing and maintaining Enterprise VMware environments
- Experience with VMWare vSphere, ESXi, Virtual Machines
- Install and manage Windows - Linux Server Virtual Machines
- Configure and Manage Standard - Distributed Virtual SwitchExperience in vRealize Automation, vRealize Orchestrator - vRealize Operation Manager
- VMWare SRM or other DR solutions for Virtual Infrastructure
- Experience/Knowledge in Converged infrastructure
- Knowledge in Network and security (VMware NSX)
- Knowledge in Cloud solutions (Public, Private, Hybrid)
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Excellent communication and verbal skills as well as business acumen
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Coordinate with different technical teams from within organization of remote teams if required for finding a solution
- Should be familiar with procedures and formalities required for creating a vendor support case - ensuring that resolution is provided on time
- Recognize, identify, and prioritize incidents in accordance with customer business requirements, organizational policies and operational impact
- Identify issues and risks in the infrastructure and take necessary steps to notify and close the risk
- Should be familiar with Change Management process, should be able to prepare action plan, Rollback plan, Mitigation plan etc. should review pre and post change activities
- Document all actions in accordance with standard company operational policies and procedures
- Notify customer and third-party service providers of issues, outages and remediation status
- Ability to think on feet and provide required remedial activity of all the issues reported to the Service Desk
- Candidate with this extra knowledge in Storage will be added advantage
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.