Job ID: 45336
Date Posted: Nov 18, 2020
Business Unit: Hitachi Rail
Company Name: Hitachi Rail Limited
Profession (Job Category): Repair & Maintenance
Job Type (Experience Level): Experienced
Job Schedule: Full-time
Are you looking for opportunities to work on high profile rail projects and advanced technology alongside experts from the UK, Europe and Japan? Come and join the fastest growing rail business in the world!
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signalling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions. We are working to Inspire the Next – and this is your chance to be part of it.
We are currently looking to recruit an experienced Team Leader to be based in Liverpool (Edge Hill) to support the East Coast Mainline / Transpennine Express and Hull contracts. This is a permanent position and will involve weekly travel to a number of different locations.
In this role you will be assisting the Outstations Support Manager and will be responsible for ensuring the delivery of all contracted 3rd party services to an acceptable standard in-line with service level agreements contained within the Depot Access Agreements (DAA’s). You will also have line management responsibility for HRL Lead Technicians based at sister Outstation locations.
Specifically, you will be responsible for the following deliverables:
Fleet Delivery – Ensuring the contractual agreed number of units enter service priority fault free. One Day exams are carried out on all units entering service. Responsible for making on the spot decisions to alter or cancel morning service. Update Fleet Disposition Statement and authorise for release via Maintenance Control.
• Constant Improvement – Create an atmosphere through his/her team that seeks to constantly improve the process associated with the maintenance of the unit’s to improve time to complete the workload on time, safely and to the correct quality whilst minimising the impact on the environment
• Assistance in additional work – Identify maintenance notifications and assist in the planning taking into consideration the time required, Identify staff numbers and strengths to complete.
• Overseeing and Assisting the Corrective and Preventative Maintenance – Have understanding of maintenance task and assist in answering questions from staff. Ensure exam tasks are being completed in a timely manner. Assist exam work or fault rectification when required.
• Maintenance Management System (SAP) Monitor the SAP system to ensure all work is recorded within the Management System.
• Materials –. Interrogate the SAP system to determine if spares are available to complete works orders ensuring Team Members follow the correct procedures to ensure that material used is recorded to works orders and material returned to the stores or other disposal points are labelled correctly when returning to the Stores. Responsible for advising procurement of issues related to booking stock/serial numbers
• Staff Appraisals / Staff absence – Yearly Performance and Develop plans for all staff. Three monthly and six monthly probationary period reviews for new employees on shift and to monitor and action annual leave/sickness and return to work of HRL Lead Technicians
• Safety Critically Assessed – In the maintenance on the class 800 fleets and coving of the Lead Technicians due to absence
• Health & Safety/House Keeping – Ensure team members are following correct working practices at all times. All relative PPE equipment is being used. Ensure road ways/pits are kept clean after work. Carry out incident investigations, manage the PICOT process.
• Annual Leave – Authorise/Decline annual leave request from team. Take into account, work load/depot drivers/KICC/current leave/training/Team Leader cover.
• Develop professionally and support good working relationships
• Learn New skills in accordance with Hitachi’s new business demands as required
• Liaise with Hitachi and external personnel as required to complete the duties of the post
• Assist as required
• To act as main focal point for Depot Services during shifts.
• Carry out team briefings/tool box talks.
• Attend Manager Meetings when required.
• Ensure all processes are carried out by HRL members of staff
• Liaise with the 3rd party in yard and moves that are required in general for maintenance
Licences / Competences
• Network Rail Sentinel PTS
• Depot Protection
• Working at Height
• Manual Handling
• Sound knowledge of, and compliance to rules and regulations
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Able to represent Hitachi in a professional manner at all times
• Good team worker
• Able to interface effectively with all levels of personnel both within and outside the company.
• M & E HNC or served engineering apprenticeship
• Engineering based NVQ level 3
Why Hitachi Rail Limited?
At Hitachi Rail Limited you will find a passionate and collaborative environment. We operate according to our values of Harmony, Sincerity and Pioneering Spirit. As such, we work closely as a team and empower our colleagues to take ownership and become creative in our pursuit of excellence. We take pride in the contribution we make to society and we always act with integrity and fairness towards our customers, suppliers and colleagues.
We offer a competitive salary and annual leave entitlement as well as a generous benefits package. This includes a pension scheme with contributions up to 9%, health insurance, and many more perks for you to choose from within a flexible plan that will meet your specific needs and lifestyle.
If you like the sound of the above and feel energised by the idea of joining a great brand at a moment of exciting expansion, please apply now. We look forward to hearing from you!
Closing date for applications: 16th December 2020