Job description Hitachi Rail
is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Storeroom Associate
who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Batesburg, SC. Who We Are
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signaling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions. Accountabilities:
• Capable of loading / unloading trucks: Use SAP to process receipt travelers & verify again incoming Purchase orders
• Handle the movement of incoming inventory from inspection and vendors to warehouse locations, and provide cell and production areas with all WIP work orders
• Perform cycle counts
• Scan and attach documents and data within operating system
• Move and consolidate stock as needed
• Ability to identify, pull, and count different types of products
• Capable of lifting and pulling excessive heavy casting, bases, etc. Required Skills/Knowledge:
• 1-2 years of experience using warehouse equipment including sit-down forklift and stand-up reach truck
• Experience with manufacturing warehousing procedures and practices
• Ability to handle very large orders with complexity from small to large and different types of products
• Must wear steel toe shoes - safety glasses - orange safety shirt while in warehouse
• Must be flexible for work hours when OT required & available to work weekends when needed
• Must be able to climb ladders and bend and lift UPS weights of 75 lbs Desired Skills:
• Experience in dealing with order complexity from large styles/ranges
• Experience with warehouse material handling equipment
• Dependable, self-starter
• Experience with warehouse management system Education:
• High School Diploma, GED Languages:
• English Proficiency Benefits
Hitachi Rail employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, a Retirement Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our followers!
Have a glance at our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirailsts/