Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value.Job Overview
Primarily responsible for providing Human Resources Business Partners and their client organizations with consultative support for in region compensation and benefits. The position is part of the Total Rewards (TR) team and will work with TR members around the world in a variety of compensation areas. The role reports to the Global VP of Total Rewards
As part of the Total Rewards team, leads benefits development in region and is responsible for pay reviews and benchmarking. The candidate will compensation budgets, strategies, policies and programs in region. Candidate should have benefits experience, experience developing compensation programs and be literate in English. Must have experience working with senior leaders in an organization.
Some of the activities include:
- Participates with senior management team to develop in region programs to support the business
- Serves as consultant to business unit leaders/organization
• Educates and ensures understanding of benefits and pay practices
• Regularly interacts and influences senior leadership.
• Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of the company.
• Acts as a key advisor to management in influencing the strategic direction.
- Assumes responsibility for the successful implementation of strategic plans
- Reviews employee data and provides analytic support and insight related to the analysis.
- Responsible for managing and crafting the benefits strategy for APAC
- Responsible for educating HR and the broader employee base on Hitachi Vantara's compensation philosophy.
- Support HR/TR Transformation by identifying and making recommendations on process improvement/simplification.
- Prepares special studies and recommendations on compensation related topics.
- Recommends corrective or alternative actions to resolve compensation-related problems.
- May review job content and job descriptions to identify consolidation opportunities.
- Reviews requests for new or revised classifications to determine appropriate salary grade assignment.
- May review proposed salary adjustments for conformance to established guidelines, policies and practices.
- Reviews existing and proposed statutory requirements governing compensation administration and recommends appropriate courses of action.
1. Consulting/customer service
- Serves as a consultant on compensation - benefits issues. Executes strategies that ensure full understanding of pay practices and philosophies throughout the company. Ensures best practices are available to customers to help them run their businesses; provides solutions.2. Analysis and Recommendations -
Provides comprehensive analysis on a variety of pay related topics along with fact-based recommendations3. Pay programs -
Ensures competitiveness of compensation programs. Creates processes, coordinates and administers pay plans. Evaluates, implements, and communicates company pay philosophy and programs throughout organization.Primary Qualifications
- 7-10+ years compensation experience; international experience a plus to support global organizations.
- Experience in having ownership and implementing compensation and benefits programs throughout Asia. Must have good market knowledge for APAC practices.
- Experience working with representatives from multiple functions (Sales/HR/Finance/IT, etc..) as well as senior/executive management
- Experience working in Finance function is a plus. Comfortable dealing with financial aspects of compensation including cost-modeling, budget allocation, accruals, etc..
- Advanced excel skills: Comfortable working with large data sets and standardizing/merging/organizing data from different sources. Extensive experience in performing complex excel functions including lookups, pivots, macros, etc.. Ability to transform data into presentable chart/graph/tables, etc..
- Ability to lead teams and improve performance by establishing new business practices and procedures.
-Very good communication skills. Ability to adapt to different personality styles and unique needs of different functions.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.