Skip to main content
SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER
Job ID: 50035090.1HRSTS
Date Posted: Dec 15, 2020
Business Unit: Hitachi Rail
Company Name: Hitachi Rail STS
Profession (Job Category): Engineering & Science
Job Type (Experience Level): Experienced
Job Schedule: Full-time
Job description Accountabilities:
Required Skills/ Knowledge:
- Support the proper requirements management (identification & apportionment between GA and SA) for all the phases of the software lifecycle according to company standard processes (IMS).
- Contribute to the design and the implementation of a complete solution (Modules, documentation and tools), applying company standard processes (IMS).
- Contribute to the correct operation of the SW on the applicable platforms
- Contribute to provide the proper level of support to the other functional units (RAMS, Verification, Test & Commissioning,..)
- Contribute to the application of common methodologies, technical solutions and best practices in coherence with the Development function, applying company standard processes (IMS).
- 5+ years of experience in the broad spectrum of the software developer life-cycle.
- Significant experience building enterprise class, multi-process, fault tolerant load balanced and multi-tiered systems.
- Expert level C++ programming skills that leverage advanced constructs of the language.
- Experience applying Object-Oriented Design principles and patterns.
- Extensive knowledge of developing software in a Linux environment, including writing and modifying shell scripts.
- Strong diagnostic and analytical skills.
- Experience with continuous integration, static code analysis, branching and versioning and DevOps.
- Must be able to handle working in a dynamic environment with parallel responsibilities and competing priorities.
- Maintain the appropriate balance between speed and perfection while never compromising quality.
- Energizes those around them when working with a team while having the ability to go solo when appropriate.
- Lifelong learner that shares and teaches what you learn.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience implementing and sustaining mission critical enterprise systems.