Job Description Hitachi Rail
is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Senior Software Engineer
who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Genoa - Italy.
Who We Are Hitachi Rail
is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signalling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions.
Who We Are in: Genoa - Italy
Genoa offices are, as of now, the Hitachi Rail headquarters in Italy.
In Genoa Hitachi Rail employees roughly 600 people, mostly engineers, who are developing signalling technologies at the state of the art.
Thanks to our innovations and expertise, commitment and dedication we rank among the best railway technology provider of the Industry, delivering our products to Ferrovie Italiane, RFI as well as to the rest of the world.
The Genoa offices are located in the area of Sampierdarena, an excellent position where is easy to reach the airport, train stations and local transport. Accountabilities:
- Support the proper requirements management (identification & apportionment between GA and SA) for all the phases of the software lifecycle according to company standard processes (IMS).
- Contribute to the design and the implementation of a complete solution (Modules, documentation and tools), applying company standard processes (IMS).
- Contribute to the correct operation of the SW on the applicable platforms
- Contribute to provide the proper level of support to the other functional units (RAMS, Verification, Test & Commissioning,..)
- Contribute to the application of common methodologies, technical solutions and best practices in coherence with the Development function, applying company standard processes (IMS).
Job requirements Required Skills/ Knowledge:
- 5+ years of experience in the broad spectrum of the software developer life-cycle.
- Significant experience building enterprise class, multi-process, fault tolerant load balanced and multi-tiered systems.
- Expert level C++ programming skills that leverage advanced constructs of the language.
- Experience applying Object-Oriented Design principles and patterns.
- Extensive knowledge of developing software in a Linux environment, including writing and modifying shell scripts.
- Strong diagnostic and analytical skills.
- Experience with continuous integration, static code analysis, branching and versioning and DevOps.
- Must be able to handle working in a dynamic environment with parallel responsibilities and competing priorities.
- Maintain the appropriate balance between speed and perfection while never compromising quality.
- Energizes those around them when working with a team while having the ability to go solo when appropriate.
- Lifelong learner that shares and teaches what you learn.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience implementing and sustaining mission critical enterprise systems.
Master/Bachelor degree in Computer/Electronics/Telecommunications/Automation Engineering, Informatics Language:
English: upper intermediate level required Benefits Hitachi Rail
employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our follower s !
Have a glance at our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirailsts/