Job description Hitachi Rail
is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Signaling RAMS Engineer
who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Pittsburgh, PA. Who We Are
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signaling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions. Accountabilities
* WITH REFERENCE TO MEDIUM SIZE SIGNALLING SYSTEMS AND SUBSYSTEMS:
• Ensure the delivery of Signaling systems and subsystems in compliance with RAMS and quality standards, and in accordance with schedule and budget
• Guarantee definition of RAMS Plans.
• Ensure correct planning of RAMS and V&V activities.
• Ensure correct identification & apportionment of RAMS requirements for Signaling applications.
• Guarantee execution of preliminary RAMS analyses and provide feedback to the project team (since the early phases of the project).
• Ensure verification of system requirements in order to confirm compliance with safety and customer requirements.
• Ensure the organization, scheduling, implementation of RAMS activities and monitoring of V&V activities.
• Ensure that all Safety Related Non-conformities identified during V&V activities are recorded, analyzed and implemented
• Ensure execution of Safety and RAM analyses, hazard analyses at architectural level, leveraging on knowledge of the application acquired during V&V activities
• Ensure RAM parameters demonstration process.
• Guarantee demonstration of compliance with quantitative safety targets
• Support for management and interfacing Independent Safety Assessor, Client and other external Authorities.
• Ensure periodic review of company safety policy and safety targets.
• Ensure compliance of the Signaling system and subsystem to the applicable national and international standards
• Ensure the provision of the Application Conditions and the Hazard Log to the relevant System RAMS Engineer
• Ensure the provision of schedule and cost progress to relevant RAMS Manager
• Ensure the provision of RAMS requirements, if any, and the Hazard Log to the relevant Product RAMS Engineer Required Skills/ Knowledge
- Experienced with developing safety analyses at the signaling integration or signaling subsystem level, using such standards as:
• CENELEC, specifically EN 50126/50128/50129
• AREMA, in particular Section 17
- Hazard analyses to be developed can be but are not limited to:
• Signaling System PHA
• Signaling System Hazard Analysis
• Signaling Subsystems Hazard Analysis
• Signaling System Operation & Support Hazard Analysis
• Signaling System Failure Modes & Effects Hazard Analysis
• Signaling System Cut Over Safety Analysis
- Ability to read and understand system level safety plans and/or system level preliminary hazard analyses, so as to tailor signaling level safety analyses to fit into the overall assessment and certification process.
- Ability to develop (at the signaling system level) or support (at the system level) the project Hazard Log/DCCCs/CCCs, including the safety verification of the mitigations provided for hazard closure by the validation team(s).
- Ability to develop (at the signaling system level) or support (at the system level) the final safety or certification documentation, such as but not limited to:
• MIL-STD-882C/D/E Safety Reports
• CENELEC EN 50129 GA/SA Safety Cases
• FTA Design or Contraction Conformance Checklists (DCCCs/CCCs)
- Experienced in developing RAM Analyses at the at the signaling integration or signaling subsystem level, using such standards as:
- Ability to read and understand system level RAM Plans so as to tailor signaling level RAM analyses to fit into the overall RAM assessment program
- Ability to develop and/or support RAM Demonstration at the signaling integration level
- Highly development written and oral communication skills - including familiarity and experience with Microsoft tools, such as
• MS Word
• MS Excel
• MS Viso Desired Skills/ Knowledge
• All of the above + also:
- Ability to develop RAM and Safety Program Plans, for Signaling Integration Projects from technical specifications
- Ability to review the RAM and Safety work provided by junior level engineers or subcontractors Education / Qualifications
• Bachelors degree preferred or High School with equivalent technical background Languages
• English Proficiency Benefits
Hitachi Rail employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, a Retirement Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our followers!
Have a glance at our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirailsts/