Job description Hitachi Rail
is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Associate Project Engineer
who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Pittsburgh, PA. Who We Are
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signaling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions.Accountabilities:
With reference to assigned configuration activities as part of the production of Traffic Management sub-system configuration:
• Ensure data collection and capture from scheme plans and other sources (including surveys) using configuration tools
• Ensure that Controlling input data, configuration documents and executable files are issued in accordance with company processes
• Ensure the execution of the Verification activities on issued documents, according to the V&V Plan- whenever applicable - and/or to Company guidelines and procedures
• Ensure the execution of the assigned integration lab tests or portions of the tests
• Ensure correcting defects in configurations found during laboratory and site testing
• Contribute to the delivery of sub-systems configurations (input data collection, data preparation or data capture, production check)
• Contribute to the definition and execution of integration lab tests before handover of the executable files of the configured sub-systems
• Contribute to the handover of the configured executable files to laboratory and on site testing team Required Skills/Knowledge:
• 0 up to 3 years of Railway and/or Automation working experience
• Demonstrates the ability to deliver solutions to closure.
• Demonstrated ability to engage a cross-functional teams of varying skills/experience
• Success with multi-tasking across multiple projects at given time
• Builds effective relationships and has exceptional communication
• Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills
• Electrical, Electronic, or Computer Engineering Qualifications/University Degree or Equivalent Technical Desired Skills/Knowledge:
• Experience with Railway and/or Metro Automation systems Education:
• Bachelor's Degree Languages:
• English-Proficient Education:
• High School/GED required Languages:
• English Proficiency Benefits
Hitachi Rail employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, a Retirement Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our followers!
Have a glance at our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirailsts/