Job description Hitachi Rail
is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Workforce Planning & Analytics Senior Professional
who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The location can be in one of our Headquarters in Europe
Who We Are Hitachi Rail
is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signaling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions. Mission:
The Workforce Planning & Analytics is responsible for creating long/short term workforce demands forecast models by working closely with key stakeholders to establish a market leading strategic workforce planning, talent forecasting, analysis and reporting approach. Main Tasks & Responsibilities Accountabilities will include but are not limited to:
- Analysing the Hitachi Rail future workforce needs against internal and external labour markets to identify potential shortfalls and design interventions to fill the gaps
- Conducting "what if" scenario planning and analysis to identify the return and impact of specific HR initiatives
- Developing a workforce plan and associated talent management strategies (e.g., build vs. buy) to support the required future workforce by collaborating with business to identify needs and define new data sets.
- Contribute to the evaluation of the effectiveness of strategic workforce planning activities by establishing and maintaining workforce focused reporting, and dashboards. Drive the set up and production of dashboards measuring KPIs.
- Apply advanced workforce planning techniques and tools (e.g., scenario modelling/planning, supply and demand forecasting, trend analysis, predictive modelling) to provide insight and recommendations on workforce, FTEs and costs associated.
- Partner with other Finance teams such as Corporate Finance and Accounting to drive business insights and process efficiencies and ensure alignment across teams.
- Work with cross-functional leadership teams to develop comprehensive annual budgets for functional areas driving Labour Costs analysis.
- Coordinate and execute monthly financial and operational performance reporting for functional leadership teams including analysis of variances, current and past trends in all areas of SG&A expenses.
- Drawing down and interpreting data to analyse and recommend improvement areas and areas where best practice has been achieved and should be shared.
- Partner with executive leadership team to manage analyse, report, and drive functional spend efficiencies
- Conduct external market research and maintain a pulse on current thought leadership around workforce analytics topics, tools, and methods
- Continuously iterate processes to adapt to evolving needs, constraints, and opportunities
Job requirements Required Skills/ Knowledge
Education / Qualifications
- Proven superior analytical skills: successfully led end-to-end workforce analytics projects and can speak to actions taken and pitfalls to avoid
- Experience with the development of long-term headcount forecasts based on multiple data sources (e.g., financial, HR)
- Expertise in creating a comprehensive workforce story by aggregating and analysing data collected from various HR, Finance, and Business functions/systems
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and multiple referents simultaneously
- Proven project management skills coupled with strong collaboration and team skills
- Ability to communicate in a diverse and global organisational environment
- Work comfortably in a diverse and mostly remote team
- Excellent presentation skills
- Bachelor's degree (or foreign equivalent) in a quantitative field, e.g., Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, etc.; Master's or PhD degree preferred
- Experience in HR consulting and/or were part of a global HR team supporting multiple geographies and business groups
Benefits Hitachi Rail
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, Fluent in English.
- Additional knowledge of other languages is a plus.
employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our followers!
Have a glance at our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirailsts/