Job description HITACHI RAIL
is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated IT Ops Engineer
who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Pittsburgh, PA. Who We Are
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signalling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions. Accountabilities:
- Ensure the fulfillment of Service Requests, Service Incidents and Service Problems in accordance with agreed KPI's.
- Participate in the planning and implementation of IT related projects as per agreed budget, time and quality.
- Provide direction and advice to Associate IT Engineers.
- Participate in the delivery of the following IT Services
- Backup & Data Recovery Management
- Messaging & Communication Infrastructure
- Servers and Virtualization Infrastructure
- Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, DFS, WSUS...
- Enterprise Applications
- Database management
Required Skills/ Knowledge:
- Carry out installations, configurations and maintenance on servers, server side applications
- Undertake any other relevant duties as directed by the Manager of IT Infrastructure
Desired Skills/ Knowledge:
- A solid understanding of IT infrastructure
- Strong client-facing and communication skills.
- Solve complex technical issues/problems involving multiple technology stacks (OS, application, network, etc.)
- Advanced Microsoft Operating System and application support (Active Directory, Exchange, DFS, DNS, DHCP, permissions, access levels, server roles).
- Ability to conduct research into systems issues and products as required.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Recognized Databases management (SQL)
- Previous experience in Global Enterprise Organization.
- Strong understanding of ITIL best practices.
- Strong knowledge in programming/scripting (like PowerShell, PSEXEC, VB and logon script)
- Experience with compliance reporting and patching.
- Experience in Oracle Database management
- Experience in VMware
: Bachelor's Degree Languages
: English Proficiency Benefits:
Hitachi Rail employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our followers!
Have a glance at our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirailsts/