Job description Job Description Hitachi Rail
is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated AUTOMATION SOFTWARE ENGINEER
who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Genoa - Italy. Who We Are Hitachi Rail
is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signalling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions. Who We Are in: Genoa-Italy
Genoa offices are, as of now, the Hitachi Rail headquarters in Italy. In Genoa Hitachi Rail employees roughly 600 people, mostly engineers, who are developing signalling technologies at the state of the art.
Thanks to our innovations and expertise, commitment and dedication we rank among the best railway technology provider of the Industry, delivering our products to Ferrovie Italiane, RFI as well as to the rest of the world. The Genoa offices are located in the area of Sampierdarena, an excellent position where is easy to reach the airport, train stations and local transport.
Currently we are looking for enthusiastic and pioneering candidates, driven by technological challenge and success, who want to contribute to the satisfaction of our customers and to the growth and global leadership of our business. Project Description
Produce and implement HMI software for Control Centers in railway lines and metro systems. Accountabilities
- Design, implement and deploy in test and production environment high-quality software applications for HMI
- Support the integration of third party applications into the HMI
- Review and debug code
- Produce documents in all the phases of the development life-cycle
- Perform preliminary testing and resolve SW defects
- Contribute to the coordination of the development team
Job requirements Required Skills/Knowledge
- Creative, flexible and self-motivated
- Complex problem sharing and solving with an open mind approach
- Strong self-improving capability
- Capability on Achieving Assigned Objectives on time and in quality
- Good communication skills
- Strong team working attitude in international environment, adapted to different cultures
- UI and UX design
- Strong background in web application development
- At least one popular front-end frameworks, preferred Angular, Electron
- At least one popular back-end frameworks, preferred Spring
- Advanced techniques for unit and integration testing, continuous integration
- Experience with SQL and NOSQL databases
- Familiar with Agile methodology
- From 5 up to 10 years of working experience in SW development
Master degree in Computer/Electronics/Telecommunications/Automation Engineering, Computer Science Language
English: upper intermediate level required Benefits Hitachi Rail
employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our followers!
Have a glance at our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirailsts/