Hitachi Rail STS USA is looking for an enthusiastic, self-motivated, Experienced Accountant
, who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic, working independently and as part of a team. Possessing experience in accounting, in order to have the ability to be accountable for several less complex accounting areas, with an opportunity to support various other areas. The responsibilities will be across various areas of the company and will include the financial reporting, budget, and forecast processes. The position is based in Pittsburgh, PA
. Who We Are:
Hitachi Rail STS is an international leader with a global presence in signaling and the implementation of integrated transport systems for freight and passenger railways, as well as mass transit systems. We design, manufacture and implement signaling systems for the management and control of freight and passenger traffic on mainline railways as well as metros.
Hitachi Rail STS is not only a valuable company, but a company based on values. We believe that our five key values guide our actions and make Hitachi Rail STS a competitive, effective company: Customer Focus, Innovation and Excellence, People, Team Spirit, and Integrity. Primary Responsibilities:
Required Skills/ Knowledge
- Part of accounting and financial reporting team. The overall team responsibility includes management of the overall accounting for the company, including the monthly close process, and more robust quarterly financial reporting. Additionally, the company forecast, budget, and strategic plan reporting process.
- This role will have primary responsibility for certain areas of the company accounting, with support for several others. The position will allow the individual to continue in the development of being an overall well rounded accountant.
- The company utilizes SAP as the accounting and overall ERP system. The company utilizes Hyperion for consolidation and group reporting. This position will be partially responsible for the accuracy of both. Having technical/operational experience utilizing one or both of these, or similar ERP/Consolidation systems, is a requirement.
- Support the completion of the financial reporting through loading Hyperion for the quarterly forecast process, and the annual budget and strategic plan as well as monthly close.
- Perform various account reconciliations on a monthly basis.
- Responsible for coordination of the capital expenditure (fixed asset) budget and forecast process through collaboration and coordination of company management locally and globally.
- Responsible for the accounting and closing of the fixed asset process.
- Responsible for the monthly time management labor hour closing process in SAP. Coordination with functional management on ensuring deadlines are achieved, and time is properly recorded within SAP to the company projects.
- Perform overall analysis over key areas of the company Balance Sheet and Income Statement.
- Complete reporting (in Hyperion and otherwise) for use by management and in the external financial reporting.
- Collaborate with other areas of the CFO organization (project controlling, Treasury, Tax, etc.) in recording and analyzing financial reporting.
- Collaborate with management throughout operations to understand fluctuations and to facilitate accuracy of information. Driving the business to achieve quality and accurate results.
Desired Skills/ Knowledge:
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in related industry/field.
- Accounting and financial reporting experience.
- Strong communication skills.
- The ability to collaborate well internally and externally also under difficult/stressful periods.
- Experience with SAP
- Experience with Hyperion or related consolidation tool
- Broad accounting experience with regards to less complex areas
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration and Accounting or related degree.
- CPA license preferred.
English - Proficient