Hitachi Solutions is an impact-driven global leader in consulting dedicated to delivering competitive, end-to-end solutions based on the Microsoft Cloud. Our deeply connected teams are unified by our values and our commitment to helping clients succeed and compete with the largest global enterprises. We are a division of the 38th largest company in the world, and carry the strength of a vast network of interconnected Hitachi companies all while remaining nimble, agile, and ready to pivot at a moment's notice.
Hitachi Solutions started as three founding partners and transformed into nearly 2,000 consultants, developers, and support personnel all around the globe. With 36 Microsoft Partner of the Year awards, Hitachi Solutions has established itself as a leading partner in the ever-growing landscape of technology consulting.Job Description
The Director of Azure Data and Analytics is responsible for leading client engagements from definition through delivery. They will work with customers to scope the engagement, define requirements, turn those requirements into architecture, create a delivery plan, and manage a team of engineers and architects delivering high quality solutions. Projects may range from short term client assessments through multiyear delivery engagements with large, blended teams.
This individual is the lynchpin of our Data & Analytics engagements and must be able to evangelize our practices and manage customer expectations. Hitachi Solutions practices hands on leadership, and so the candidate must be both a superb architect and superb leader.Requirements:
- Some form of pre-sales internally by way of presentation or in support of a sales initiative.
- Presenting project solutions to customers.
- Hands-on experience working at a high level in Data Architecture or Data Science
- Azure skills highly preferred, including provisioning, Configuring, and Developing solutions in ADL, ADF, ADW etc.
- In-depth understanding of database structure principles
- Hands-on experience using MS SQL Server, Oracle or similar RDBMS platform
- Distributed Data Processing of big data batch or streaming pipelines.
- Construction of data science and machine learning research and production pipelines.
- Familiarity with data visualization tools (e.g. PowerBI, Tableau etc.)
- Data Modeling & strong analytics skills in Analytics.
- Problem-solving attitude
- Highly self‐motivated, self‐directed, and attentive to detail
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks.
- Attitude and aptitude are of high importance at Hitachi, we put high value on collaboration and culture fit.
- Ability to lead teams.
- Databricks and Spark are highly desirable
- Azure SQL Data Warehouse
- Azure Data Factory
- Azure Data Lake
- Azure Analysis Services
- Python or Scala (Python preferred)
- Data Modeling
- Power BI
- Database migration from legacy systems to new solutions
- Design conceptual, logical and physical data models using tools like ER Studio, Erwin
- 10 to 15+ years of overall experience
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in Business, Computer Science or a related discipline or work experience equivalent
- Primary lead for a series of projects; at least 5 projects with mid-large sized teams.
- Extensive experience in defining, documenting, and delivering Database Architecture
- Extensive experience in Requirements Gathering
- Experience in presenting and pre-sales for Data and Analytics solutions to internal or external stakeholders or customers
- Extensive experience in Delivery Excellence
- Experience in project planning and mentorship within the Data and Analytics practices
- Strong written and presentation communication skills
- Experience working with third-party vendors
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic and entrepreneurial environment and to work with a team
- Future travel on an as needed basis
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.