- Use analytical lab equipment to prepare both routine and novel samples for SEM analysis. Perform necessary sample preparation techniques to enable subsequent analyses to be conducted on semiconductor wafer samples using various cleaving techniques, laser marking, ion milling, and coating of samples.
- Use a SEM to obtain SE and various BSE images and perform other analysis using samples prepared by themselves or others in the lab.
- An emphasis should be placed on continually developing faster and higher quality methods of sample preparation and analysis.
- Collaborate with process development engineers to understand their needs and drive the implementation of analytical methods to assist or improve the process development cycle.
- Compile data, prepare technical reports, and communicate results to customers. Use lab management software applications for sample job management & report creation.
- Interface with internal customers, managers and teammates within the lab.
- Individual will support all operations of the Characterization Lab. Support other requests provided by management.
- Perform all responsibilities in a safe manner. Comply with all company policies including Environmental, Health, and Safety procedures and requirements.
EDUCATION, LICENSES, AND/OR CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- Candidates should have as a minimum a Bachelor of Science degree in Chemistry, Physics, Engineering, Materials Science, or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
EXPERIENCE AND TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS
- Should have 0-3 years of experience working with various SEM and other equipment, to prepare samples and perform imaging analysis.
- Experience using a SEM is highly desirable.
- Minimum travel required (<5%).
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIREMENTS
- Must be a self-starter, problem-solver and have the ability to work independently.
- Must possess strong technical skills and knowledge of the procedures and techniques used in a laboratory. Understanding and operation of the common failure analysis tools like SEM and EDX.
- Perform tasks requiring a high degree of manual dexterity. Ability to learn, operate, and maintain all lab equipment in order to collect, process and catalogue analysis results.
- Strongly driven and self-motivated, and ability to focus on both accuracy as well as output in a complex work environment. Demonstrate tolerance of ambiguity and flexibility to adapt to new situations. Be dependable and independent, as well as work within a team and support each other.
- Ability to change priorities quickly to meet customer’s needs. Effectively manage competing priorities.
- Must possess the ability to interact effectively and professionally with internal customers, external customers and vendors. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervisors and other employees. Excellent teamwork and communication skills are required.
- Demonstrate strong work ethic. (On time to work and training, on time completion of assignments, strong preparation for assignments, effective teamwork, etc.).
- Demonstrate ability to communicate information effectively to vendors, customers, and manager regarding lab issues, activities, and schedules.
- Ability to adapt to new procedures concerning work in the facility. Create and maintain technical documentation.
- Ability to work overtime, shift work, and/or flexible schedule as needed.
- Portray professionalism and pride in appearance while conforming to policy.
- Provide a positive attitude to all employees and customers.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to [email protected].