Job ID: R0000714
Date Posted: Dec 18, 2020
Segment: Construction Machinery
Business Unit: Hitachi Construction Machinery
Company Name: B&G Machine, Inc.
Profession (Job Category): Customer Service & Contact Center Operations
Job Type (Experience Level): Entry Level
Job Schedule: Full time
Responsible for keeping work stations fully stocked with materials/parts, thus controlling the continuous flow of productivity, assuring that the daily production and on-time-delivery schedules are met. The warehouse Material handling is a fast-paced environment position requiring excellent communication skills, teamwork and the ability to organize and prioritize. The primary function will be receiving components necessary to sustain manufacturing operations while performing material handling duties.
It is the responsibility of every H-E Parts International, employee to insure a safe work environment. All H-E Parts International, employees share the responsibility to insure at the end of the day we return home safely to our families. Our safe work environment value surpasses all other responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Safety – conduct all activities in a safe manner, utilizing PPE and adhering to company policy and alerting others regarding potential concerns. Safety is # 1.
2. Responsible for receiving material - accept packaged and palleted goods, unpack, verify and record incoming purchased items, and arrange timely transportation of products.
3. Ensures that JIT is happening—just the right amount of materials and supplies at the right time in the right place.
4. Responsible for the movement of raw materials into the production areas to be staged into the work cells and within the factory.
5. Assist in 5S, continuous improvement and Lean activities proactively and as assigned.
6. Keeps the flow in the factory clean and smooth by taking on the occasional tasks (tasks that do not happen every cycle, such as material replenishment or making shipping containers).
7. Retrieve and organize totes, pallets, carts, etc. as required.
8. Verifies inventory computations by comparing them to physical counts of stock and investigates discrepancies or adjust errors.
9. Determines proper storage methods, identification, and stock location based on turnover, environmental factors, and physical capabilities of facilities.
10. Stores items in an orderly and accessible manner in stockroom, supply rooms, or other areas.
11. Marks stock items using identification tags, stamps, electric marking tools, or other labeling equipment.
12. Cleans and maintains supplies, tools, equipment, and storage areas to ensure compliance with safety regulations.
13. Issues or distributes materials, products, parts, and supplies to appropriate departments or individuals, based on information from incoming requisitions.
14. Keeps records on the use and/or damage of stock or stock handling equipment.
15. Safety – conduct all activities in a safe manner, utilizing PPE and adhering to company policy and alerting others regarding potential concerns.
Safety is # 1.
16. Understands and follows company safety requirements while maintaining a clean and safe work environment for all. Report potential hazards, accidents and or injuries to your supervisor immediately.
17. Dependable attendance, efficient use of time and ability to work extra hours as needed.
18. Knowledge of the proper operation of all tools, chemicals and equipment necessary to perform job duties.
19. Good interpersonal skills to communicate positively with Management, Co-Workers, Vendors and Customers. Always presenting yourself in a professional manor (Dress Code).
20. Knowledgeable in the proper use of bridge / jib crane operation, lifting rigging and proper securing of all objects. Certified in forklift operation.
21. Perform additional duties assigned by management and strive for continual improvement in all areas of responsibility.
22. Work shifts and overtime, if required.
23. Performs other duties as assigned.
Position will not be required to make decisions that will directly impact the department.
Position requires collaboration with department managers and current/potential customers.
Consistent interaction with Assembly Shop Manager, Materials team, and Shop Technicians.
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma, GED, or equivalent.
1-2 years’ warehouse experience.
No special training required, on the job training is available.
Ability to follow company instructions and procedures.
Excellent organizational and time management skills.
Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with fellow employees and management.
Ability to count, add, subtract, multiply, read and comprehend.
Ability to write job documentation and reporting requirement needs.
Ability to operate company software used in company operations.