Director of Compliance Operations
Company: Hitachi America, Ltd.
Division: Global Compliance Office
Location: Remote/Home Office with 20% travel
Status: Regular, Full-Time
The Director of Compliance role will report directly to the Chief Ethics and Compliance Officer, responsible for building and leading Compliance Operations, working across business functions and building compliance into global business practice activities.
Responsible for designing, developing, implementing, and executing the compliance program as well as monitoring and revising the compliance program in response to the changing operational needs of the organization.
Key Elements of the Role:
- Lead the development, implementation, and maintenance of compliance programs in support of the Compliance Framework including, policies & procedures, risk assessments, hotline reporting, third party screening, KYC, ABAC, AML, fair competition, and other appropriate regulations.
- Manages key individual contributors responsible for training development, delivery and completion, promotion of whistleblower hotline, development and implementation of Compliance website and Compliance and communications, and other activities in an integrated manner.
- Develop, maintain, and disseminate a library of compliance resources to Executives & Business Unit Legal and Compliance Staff for adoption by the entire Hitachi Ltd, group family of companies.
- Collaborate with other organizational functions including Human Resources, Legal Affairs, Audit, Finance, Procurement and Sales/Alliances to implement business processes that incorporate compliance into the everyday business operations.
- Implement educational and training programs focusing on the elements of the compliance program ensuring all global staff is knowledgeable and comply with relevant regulations, laws, and industry standards.
- Oversee the implementation of departmental policies and trainings and company-wide compliance training, including content management, communications, tracking and reporting.
- Responsible for the development, implementation and enhancement of department processes, systems, website and other tools.
- Supports CECO with day-to-day department operations, including reporting, dashboarding, budgeting and financial management.
- Prepares reports and presentations for audit and executive meetings.
- Promote a culture of ethics and compliance across the company.
- Minimum of 10+ years of experience in project management, project tracking, and operations management in one or more major organizations, with legal and compliance operations management.
- Bachelor’s Degree required preferably in Business, Finance, IT or equivalent combination of education and professional experience. Advanced management degree preferred.
- Strong project management and problem-solving skills, with a demonstrated ability to take initiative and create company standards
- Demonstrated ability to execute, achieve objectives and to lead and coach others within a large, global organization.
- Persuasive communicator, with excellent verbal and written communication skills, and are capable of presenting complex information in an easy to understand format
- Collaborative approach with strong problem-solving skills, negotiation skills, creative thinking, and a strong sense of follow-up.
- Strong business partnering skills. A genuine interest and ability to connect with, build and maintain relationships with people at all levels and across organizational and geographic boundaries.
- Technology savvy; proficient in all Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), experience in process design, technology, project management.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Strong ability to communicate concisely with a wide variety of audiences, including senior management and key external stakeholders and to engage, influence, and align to achieve the desired results.
- Strong skills in multi-tasking, tracking, reporting, and understanding metrics.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
If you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job at Hitachi, please send the nature of request and contact information to [email protected] Queries other than accommodation requests will not be responded to.