Job ID: R0000899
Date Posted: Dec 18, 2020
Segment: Construction Machinery
Business Unit: Hitachi Construction Machinery
Company Name: H-E Parts International Mining Solutions Usa Inc
Profession (Job Category): Production & Skilled Trades
Job Type (Experience Level): Experienced
Job Schedule: Full time
The position is a support role for the entire production facility with the main focus on cleaning and painting parts and assemblies.
It is the responsibility of every H-E Parts International, employee to insure a safe work environment. All H-E Parts International, employees share the responsibility to insure at the end of the day we return home safely to our families. Our safe work environment value surpasses all other responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Safety – conduct all activities in a safe manner, utilizing PPE and adhering to company policy and alerting others regarding potential concerns. Safety is # 1. Conduct all activities in a safe manner, utilizing PPE and adhering to company policy and alerting others regarding potential concerns. Work with Mechanical Supervisor for prioritization of job list. Responsible to load and unload Caustic Hot Tank with parts in need of chemical stripping. Operate the steam pressure washer to safely clean dirt, debris, grease, oil, etc. from various types of parts and assemblies. Safely set up various stands for painting a variety of cylinder components. Perform prep of components to paint ensuring all areas requiring masking and/or grease is completed prior to paint. Perform painting tasks with a finish that is of high quality as it is the first thing customers will see. Maintains material-handling equipment by completing pre-use inspections. Performs safe operation of forklifts, overhead cranes and lifting devices. Assists when needed with other miscellaneous needs including but not limited to material and parts movement, shop waste removal, shop area organization, crack check parts etc. May assist with other duties as directed by supervision or management. Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
1. A high school diploma or general education degree (GED) is preferred.
2. 1-2 years industrial washing and painting experience required.
3. Basic understanding of pneumatic paint sprayers and maintenance
4. 1-2 years rigging and overhead crane experience required; current certification preferred.
5. 1-year Forklift experience required; current forklift certification preferred.
6. Basic hand tool use and care.
7. Must be able to work extended periods of time wearing a respirator mask, work in highly humid conditions present in wash bay, work in above ambient temperatures for extended periods, and task appropriate PPE.
8. Ability to be alert and aware of safety issues and safeguards
9. Ability to work independently and in teams