Foundry New Product Development Engineer- Dalian Job Family : MFG.Manufacturing Level of Experience : Experienced About Hitachi Automotive Systems Group
Ready to contribute to the future of the automotive industry?
Technology is driving today's fast-paced world - and we create new innovations that transform industries and society for the better. Together let's start powering good to make the world a better place.
Hitachi Automotive Systems is engaged in the development, manufacture, sales and services of automotive components, transportation related components, industrial machines and systems. We focus on developing safer, cleaner, smarter solutions that will support mega-trends impacting the automotive industry, such as connectivity, electrification and autonomous driving.
Hitachi Automotive Systems Group's Brake Business Unit is one of the world's largest manufacturers of automotive braking solutions. Our products - disk brakes, drum brakes, electro-mechanical parking brakes and rotors - are dedicated to passenger cars, light commercial and two-wheeler vehicles through original equipment manufacturers and aftermarket distribution channels. We have a global footprint with operations in Europe, Asia, South Africa, North and South America.
The spirit of Hitachi based on the values of Harmony, Sincerity and Pioneering Spirit resonates through the way we think and operate. We collectively strive to deliver solutions that contribute globally to a sustainable society and improve people's quality of life. We aim to provide an enjoyable work environment where our people can grow personally and professionally. For more information, please visit the company's website at
https://www.hitachiautomotive.co.jp/en/ Job Purpose
Control and optimize process in order to improve the production efficiency, quality and safety
Be responsiblefor all aspect of the new project, from being involved from the conceptionthrough to PPAP, in addition will monitor SOP products on a basis of the ongoingproduction. This will include daily checks on the tooling, paying closeattention to any issues that will cause problems during the manufacture of thecastings in production.
Be a team player in thereject resolution, be commited to FTQ, as well as OEE improvements and theelimination of all downtime issues casued by tooling related matters. Key Accountabilities & Key Activities Safety Focus
- Ensure compliance to HSE regulations and Risk reduction
Knowledge building/ experience sharing
- Support manufacturing manager/supervisor to achieve department targets
- Control and optimize process in order to improve the production efficiency, quality and safety.
- Participate to continuous improvement initiatives, establish CIP plan, improve machine Cycle Time, productivity & ergonomic
- Analyze production data to solve daily production problems
- Define corrections and changes in process, programs, parameters, flows and tools
- Analyze and solve quality problems using required methods-8D, Ishikawa, 5why...
- Contribute to launch new projects production, fixtures and tooling, quality improvement, down-time/OEE improvement
- Ensure that manufacturing standards (e.g. Process Data Sheet > PDS) are duly implemented and respected
- Ensure that Chassis Brakes International system management is the way we run our operations
- Share best practice/ lesson learn within the department
- Coach, train operators, and improve the line productivity
Key Professional Competencies
- Coordinate with other functions about down-time improvement activity, quality specification and Work Instruction to assure customer satisfaction ...
- Plan and coordinate the activities with respect to development tools and fixtures required
Key Personal Competencies
- Good overall knowledge of manufacturing process
- Good knowledge on lean manufacturing tools
- 2D&3D drawing ability
- Be familiar with Quality authentication system
- Familiar with FMEA, MSA, PPAP
- Awareness of safety risk in manufacturing process
- Intermediate English level
Qualification & Experience
- Analytical & Problem Solving
- Innovation & Initiative
- Implementation & Result Orientation
- Stress & Pressure / Being Resilient
- Rigor & Organization
- Bachelor/Master degree with major in Mechanical or equivalent
- At least 3 years of working experience in manufacturing industry
- Experience withcoordinating projects, Excellent oral and written communication skills,
- Ability to draw 2D drawings, as well as creat 3D objects Report-writing skills,good organizational skills and initiative